The vanguard has arrived

Nuke

Captain
Nov 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Nuke
This thing has the feel of an A-10 Star Citizen style, a bit slow but good luck killing it and god help you if it hits you.

Must not melt superhornet, Must not melt superhornet, Must not melt superhornet.

Also i would like to point out that the main gun is named "ballistic death gatling" and i want it.

Eiyron

Space Marshal
Jan 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Eiyron
Those Specs are low.... Not buying it....

The Super Hornet has more teeth than this thing. Is this a Joke?!

4 Size 2's
1 Size 5 gimbaled - Ok that might not be so bad..
1 Manned Size 2 turret ?! ?!

SIZE 2 SHIELDS!?! - 300 Series Status?!

No Missiles !? ?! !?

For something that has that big of a body that doesnt have anything in it... I sure has alot of NOT HAVING ANY CARGO going for it...

also $250.....

wow... what an offer... indeed...

For the Same Price, The Redeemer Offers more.

Last edited:

JBWill

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
JBWill
S5 mainline gatling, "Impressive top speed", two more fixed guns than were apparent from the grey box.

Yup, I'm buying the shit out of this baby.

Edit:
no Missiles !? ?! !?
Hmm that's actually a good point, I didn't notice that. Interesting, there were pretty clearly missiles in the grey box. I wonder if it's just an oversight.

Nuke

Captain
Nov 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Nuke
Those Specs are low.... Not buying it....

The Super Hornet has more teeth than this thing. Is this a Joke?!

4 Size 2's
1 Size 5 gimbaled - Ok that might not be so bad..
1 Manned Size 2 turret ?! ?!

no Missiles !? ?! !?

also $250.....

wow... what an offer... indeed...
I hardly think four size two's, a size FIVE and a manned turret with two size two's is less teeth than the superhornet's four size two's and two size ones. also if you look at the animation video you can see missiles/torpedoes. This ship seems to be more built around ripping through bigger heavily armored targets while still not being half bad in a dogfight. The vanguard is an A-10 while the superhornet is an F-22.

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
The size 2 shields and 2x S2 power plants narrowed my eyes a bit, but I have a feeling that they must be adjusting shield classes like they did for hardpoints.
(retaliator with size 3 shields seems a bit fuked)

I want to melt and buy now, but I am going to wait until the end of the sale just incase the "new and shiney" wears off

*edit I didn't expect the torpedoes / ewar to be a thing with this ship at all so thats throwing me off a little bit

Eiyron

Space Marshal
Jan 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Eiyron
I hardly think four size two's, a size FIVE and a manned turret with two size two's is less teeth than the superhornet's four size two's and two size ones. also if you look at the animation video you can see missiles/torpedoes. This ship seems to be more built around ripping through bigger heavily armored targets while still not being half bad in a dogfight. The vanguard is an A-10 while the superhornet is an F-22.
Super Hornet

Wings = Size 4 x2
Canard = size 1 or 2 x2 (dont know what is after Gimbal mount size changes)
Turret = Size 1 x2

Missiles = Size 1 x8

Not to mention Other superior Ship stats such as shields and powerplant.

Only thing that's better is Thruster...

Also Vanguard has a bigger hitbox?

What am I doing wrong here...?
.... I'll tell you what I did wrong....

I BOUGHT IT !!

Spyro

Vice Admiral
Mar 10, 2015
RSI Handle
SteadyK
This ship SUKS!!! its ugly and that gun name ballistic death gatling COME ONN!!! noo missiles? (like the ever work) i wont fall for it!

Nuke

Captain
Nov 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Nuke
Super Hornet

Wings = Size 4 x2
Canard = size 1 or 2 x2 (dont know what is after Gimbal mount size changes)
Turret = Size 1 x2

Missiles = Size 1 x8

Not to mention Other superior Ship stats such as shields and powerplant.

Only thing that's better is Thruster...

What am I doing wrong here...?
superhornet wings only fit up to a size 3 and that's without gimbals (trust me I've been messing with my SH all day)
the Canard can fit 2 size 1's and the turret can fit 2 size 2's

Eiyron

Space Marshal
Jan 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Eiyron
superhornet wings only fit up to a size 3 and that's without gimbals (trust me I've been messing with my SH all day)
the Canard can fit 2 size 1's and the turret can fit 2 size 2's
fit up to a Size 3 and not 4? your kidding me right? We don't even have size 4 weapons available yet.....

How will you be able to try and fit a size 4 and test that?

Spyro

Vice Admiral
Mar 10, 2015
RSI Handle
SteadyK
wait wait!!!!! quote In combat, the Vanguard’s roles are extensive: long range jump scout, extended duration patrol/reconnaissance ship, fighter-bomber (when equipped with torpedoes), tactical command and control ship, bomber interceptor and, in the proper hands, even a fighter-killer.
torpedoes torpedoes torpedoes!!! Shi shit shit $$$$$$ were is my credid card????

Eiyron

Space Marshal
Jan 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Eiyron
wait wait!!!!! quote In combat, the Vanguard’s roles are extensive: long range jump scout, extended duration patrol/reconnaissance ship, fighter-bomber (when equipped with torpedoes), tactical command and control ship, bomber interceptor and, in the proper hands, even a fighter-killer.
torpedoes torpedoes torpedoes!!! Shi shit shit $$$$$$ were is my credid card????
I like that part... I did not read that one... Guess that makes sense why it has a bigbody.

I wonder how fast is its top speed....

MmmMMm~

Nuke

Captain
Nov 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Nuke
fit a Size 3? your kidding me right? We don't even have size 4 weapons available yet.....
yeah i know, the specs sheet is wrong. in game the wing mounts say size 3, I got two panthers with REC earlier today and then realized that they only work without gimbals

Eiyron

Space Marshal
Jan 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Eiyron
yeah i know, the specs sheet is wrong. in game the wing mounts say size 3, I got two panthers with REC earlier today and then realized that they only work without gimbals
WoooT~ Gotta love how specs in the game change like this...

Overspec to sell now, Nerf and Disappoint Later~
Amazing eh?

Anyways, Thanks for that useful info, everyday you learn something new~

Eiyron

Space Marshal
Jan 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Eiyron
OK... IDK what to do with My Gladiator Now... If this thing has torpedoes.... Do I really Need a Gladiator??

This ship is a Multirole Ship as the description says... Its got everything...
(Double Posted... I see whut I did There~ My hand slipped SHHH)

Thoughts anybody??

Forgot your password?