The vanguard has arrived

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
Vanguard will look pretty in my crosshairs.

Size 2 shields?? Are they cumulative? That seems really low. I can put a Size 3 on my aurora. It seems arbitrary that we couldn't put something bigger on this thing.

Spyro

Vice Admiral
Mar 10, 2015
RSI Handle
SteadyK
I wil; Say it again TORPEEDOS!!!!!!!()#!*)#*!#*#(pew pew KAPOW!!!capital ship or bomber!!

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
Vanguard will look pretty in my crosshairs.

Size 2 shields?? Are they cumulative? That seems really low. I can put a Size 3 on my aurora. It seems arbitrary that we couldn't put something bigger on this thing.

call me crazy, but I am thinking that each shield gen will be placed one each side of the ship, drawing power from each power plant

OldSchoolC

Commander
Donor
Mar 27, 2015
RSI Handle
OldSchoolC
The shields, armament does seem a bit out, but I wouldn't count on any of it till it's at least been in Arena Commander for awhile. If it sucks, it'll get buffed, if it is just too damn good at ramming things, it'll probably get nerfed :)

Nuke

Captain
Nov 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Nuke
Okay, that that the initial," HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THIS IS AWESOME!" has worn off.

The Vanguard looks amazing, definitely equal if not ahead of the hornet for my favorite ship. The A-10 style of it , durable as hell, can bring a crazy amount of firepower to bear, the long range and extended mission capability. Everything stacks up to make this an incredibly versatile and powerful ship, probably great for military contractors.

Personally i'm going to wait for the PU for this Beast, I think that i would rather work my way to it rather than buy it now. The LTI would be nice but from what CIG have been saying, insurance isn't going to be that big of deal.

Nuke

Captain
Nov 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Nuke
The shields, armament does seem a bit out, but I wouldn't count on any of it till it's at least been in Arena Commander for awhile. If it sucks, it'll get buffed, if it is just too damn good at ramming things, it'll probably get nerfed :)
Yeah, at this point i'm primarily looking at the role of the ship, not it's stats. CIG will play with the stats until they have something that does it's job, but the role of the ship will remain the same.

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
WTF, I didn't even know it was possible to be part of the European Union and not have the ability to use Euros.
I alrready can... lets see....
€242.00 EUR ---> 263.5501 US$

Better... but expensive for me
I could melt my Orion... but noup.

Last edited:

that_frog_kurtis

Space Marshal
Dec 3, 2013
RSI Handle
Can everyone stop worrying about the shield sizes and the other stuff already? They have revamped the mounts system and all the listed items mounted on almost everything is now wrong as it's still the old system. Under the new system the hornet will only have size one or two shields. Quit yer ignorant bellyaching.

Statix

Commander
Dec 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Statix
I alrready can... lets see....
€242.00 EUR ---> 263.5501 US$

Better... but expensive for me
I could melt my Orion... but noup.
I was going to say... with the significantly reduced value in Euros, VAT still shouldn't put it much above an untaxed USD purchase.

Groundstain

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Groundstain
I can't decide which to melt. (If I do it) my 350R or my Mustang Omega AMD Edition. These are the only two that are not LTI. Except my Aurora, but you will need to pry that from my cold dead fingers.

Groundstain

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Groundstain
OK... IDK what to do with My Gladiator Now... If this thing has torpedoes.... Do I really Need a Gladiator??

This ship is a Multirole Ship as the description says... Its got everything...
(Double Posted... I see whut I did There~ My hand slipped SHHH)

Thoughts anybody??
Wait till you can fly both in game. If one sux then sell on the grey market... Unless you can't. Or you can just make some money on the side by renting the one you like least in the PU.

Eliyahu

Space Marshal
Feb 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Eliyahu2
Where did the guns under the engines on both wings go? And missiles...

EDIT: Saw they replaced the guns with missiles on the bottom and removed the guns.... so am I wrong or will the Redeemer will tear this to shreds currently.... ?

Last edited:

Eliyahu

Space Marshal
Feb 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Eliyahu2
front page shows missiles now dropping from them instead of guns... and my favorite part with the popup missiles on top are removed...

Spyro

Vice Admiral
Mar 10, 2015
RSI Handle
SteadyK
nop its there! keep a closer look it does it wen it turns the back to you it just has more missiles there the guns seem to be all on the nose

Last edited:
Forgot your password?