The vanguard has arrived

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
Melted down my connie and cutlass to get this thing, was non-lti anyway so i can always melt it back...
Now i probably need to melt down my 2y SH and some smaller ships to get something multi-functional... Or just go full-fighter.

HID45

Commander
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
HID45
'Cause I've already spent more money on internet spaceships than I care to think about...

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
At this point, I'm working on buying my 4th concierge. Because 3 of them simply isn't enough to keep up with all that I require out of SC.

Reactions: Eliyahu

Lonestar the Kilrathi

Rear Admiral
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Lonestar the Kilrathi
there's a lot i want to say about the vanguard. i like it, and i don't like it. will i get it? maybe. i have non lti ships i can melt, but then it would be account bound and i would have to tick "potential resellability" off the list as a Pro. if it sells like an old dog then it could be worth a lot if it ends up being a desirable ship.

someone mentioned that this looks like it could be good for piracy, and yeah, i tend to agree, this is going to make one great heavy hitting pirate vessel. like if you pick up privateering work then this would certainly be a go-to ship. I think in the PU orgs will proxy war with each other by hiring pirates to hunt faction ships. collecting cargo won't be the point, it would be a possible perk, but collecting on "a letter of mark" would be the real incentive. so i can see this as the distance brawler that would be used to punch deep into unfriendly space.

i could see 1 of these in a wing with a couple of Cutlasses. then have a Herald out there hunting for targets and doing C&C with a caterpillar following behind to pick through the remains of any larger vessels. the more i think about it the more i like it.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
there's a lot i want to say about the vanguard. i like it, and i don't like it. will i get it? maybe. i have non lti ships i can melt, but then it would be account bound and i would have to tick "potential resellability" off the list as a Pro. if it sells like an old dog then it could be worth a lot if it ends up being a desirable ship.

someone mentioned that this looks like it could be good for piracy, and yeah, i tend to agree, this is going to make one great heavy hitting pirate vessel. like if you pick up privateering work then this would certainly be a go-to ship. I think in the PU orgs will proxy war with each other by hiring pirates to hunt faction ships. collecting cargo won't be the point, it would be a possible perk, but collecting on "a letter of mark" would be the real incentive. so i can see this as the distance brawler that would be used to punch deep into unfriendly space.

i could see 1 of these in a wing with a couple of Cutlasses. then have a Herald out there hunting for targets and doing C&C with a caterpillar following behind to pick through the remains of any larger vessels. the more i think about it the more i like it.

Stay tuned for tomorrow when I do a Mini-Ship Talk for the Vanguard.

The Chaos Pope

Grand Admiral
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
The_Chaos_Pope
I'm debating trading in my LTI Retaliator for a Vanguard. It's not that I dislike the 'Tali, I really like the model and seeing it in the hangar finally is awesome, I'm just skeptical about it's long term usefulness for me.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I'm debating trading in my LTI Retaliator for a Vanguard. It's not that I dislike the 'Tali, I really like the model and seeing it in the hangar finally is awesome, I'm just skeptical about it's long term usefulness for me.
It's a hard decision. I couldn't make it. I have a harem of heavy military hardware.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Whoever does not want to melt and does not have cash right now, there is a thing you must keep in mind.

You know the next starter ship will have a LTI concept sale right?
Point is, it will be cheap.

Buy it and CCU it to Vanguard later when it hits AC.
Yep, yep, yep. :)

Forgot your password?