The vanguard has arrived

Eliyahu

Space Marshal
Feb 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Eliyahu2
Got ya, I saw the popup missiles are still in the render animation when I watched it, are they not listed?

Spyro

Vice Admiral
Mar 10, 2015
RSI Handle
SteadyK
'' Concept'' my fried! we will see.... i think it will depend on how you will equip it!

edir: it will have some modularity

Last edited:

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
If i didn't spring for the Mustang Goliath mouse pad, i would have had perfect store credits for the ship, so i ended up making the differance

good thing my other hobbys are ones that usually make money or pay in booze :D

JBWill

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
JBWill
I suggest you look at the New redeemer specs before you do so. Not the ones on the RSI website. there's an actual post for it in comlink or forums. it was a while back. sorry i just gave you a general area to search.
I'm well aware of the current stats of the Redeemer.

Eliyahu

Space Marshal
Feb 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Eliyahu2
The folding render shows those two missile pylon mounts one under each engine, but the missiles up top that are unveiled and popup are not listed? or are the drop down "missiles" actually torpedoes and the missiles they list are the two popups next to the cockpit?... I wonder....

I know everything will change but I would at least like the renders to match the armament description possibilities even if mount type or size change, for now they should match. Either it should have 2 size 2 and 2 size ones or 2 torpedo and 2 missiles listed.

EDIT: Confirmed They are torpedoes that drop down not missiles, not in the stats but that explains sooo much...

Last edited:

PhosphorusForFun

Space Marshal
Mar 14, 2015
RSI Handle
PhosphorusForFun
I thought I'd been trained by Games Workshop on controlling impulse purchases but right now my Redeemer is seriously mean-mugging this thing. While I'll probably stick to my non-LTI :( Redeemer, the sale lasting til April 6th is sure to have me biting my nails and talking to myself for the next week and a half.

And VERY sad (or possibly happy?) if this makes it into AC first because it has less personnel capability

Spyro

Vice Admiral
Mar 10, 2015
RSI Handle
SteadyK
Where'd you see this confirmed OOC?
on RSI page says Quote'' long range jump scout, extended duration patrol/reconnaissance ship, fighter-bomber (when equipped with torpedoes), tactical command and control ship, bomber interceptor and, in the proper hands, even a fighter-killer.'' soo logicaly there is were the torpedos go

JBWill

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
JBWill
on RSI page says Quote'' long range jump scout, extended duration patrol/reconnaissance ship, fighter-bomber (when equipped with torpedoes), tactical command and control ship, bomber interceptor and, in the proper hands, even a fighter-killer.'' soo logicaly there is were the torpedos go
Well yeah, but I personally don't really think of a mention in the lore as a "confirmation", I was wondering if there was a CIG statement about it somewhere.

I agree though, that does seem like the logical assumption.

Eliyahu

Space Marshal
Feb 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Eliyahu2
It is a render of the torpedoes in those bays like the Tali looks and hard points in holoviewer. So based upon this and the fact that they state it can use torps as a bomber is my logical conclusion.

I wonder if these bays will be modular enough to accept those drop down turrets as well as torps etc.

Last edited:

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
I'm thinking about melting my Super Hornet for it. Is it worth it?... because yes, the Super Hornet is the king of the AC, but what about the PU?. I have time to think it, but, would you do it? :confused:

Last edited:

Esq

Space Marshal
Jan 30, 2015
RSI Handle
Esq
In my opinion Vanguard should not even be fighting with Super Hornet. These ships roams in a different parts of PU. Vanguard is so deep in space that without carrier you don't even see SH or other arena commander ships. After a hard day of Vanduul fighting you can go to your living quarters and have a beer. SH needs to head back to a carrier / home. Also Vanguard could be a nice ship for a deep space pirate.

Reactions: Whittle

Gstar Nova

Vice Admiral
Dec 11, 2014
RSI Handle
Gstar Nova
Just melted my tali for one..and good riddance the tali's interior lay out made little to no since with out a total re due doubt it can be fixed.

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
I'm thinking about melting my Super Hornet for it. Is it worth it?... because yes, the Super Hornet is the king of the AC, but what about the PU?. I have time to think it, but, would you do it? :confused:

She definitely is a big fighter, doesn't look very spacious inside though.

Forgot your password?