The view from the Starfarer pilot seat.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I don't even think it's arguable, the view for combat purposes is horrible. But fortunately, it's not a combat ship. It just needs to defend, which to me has little to do with the pilot. Except for getting the heck out of dodge.
Good point, but it does have four delightful s4's under the pilots control. It's the only ship I've come close to taking out an under-crewed Hammerhead with.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I gone done did a vid about the Starfarer view which is arguably the most blocked pilot view in the game.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnDCmPoSPU8
I took the liberty of opening it up on the YouTube site so that after I finished enjoying it, I could "LIKE", comment, subscribe & share the video with other like minded friends. Here's the quote I left, "For some reason, I thought that I detected a touch of Monty Python influence lightly sprinkled by the future Emperor of interstellar toilet paper distribution, NaffNaffBobFace. "

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Why must everyone insist on every ship having no canopy at all? Doesn't make sense to me!

I actually like the cockpit in the freelancer and starfarer as it makes it feel more like a utility ship and less like a fighter!

1577015329491.png

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Why must everyone insist on every ship having no canopy at all? Doesn't make sense to me!

I actually like the cockpit in the freelancer and starfarer as it makes it feel more like a utility ship and less like a fighter!

View attachment 14674
+1 for this, I'm perfectly happy with the visibility. It rinds me that I got huge ass ship under me. It still rotates a bit too fast for its size imo

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
I gone done did a vid about the Starfarer view which is arguably the most blocked pilot view in the game.

I feel you, Naff, but I personally don't have any problems with it... <devilish wink>

I don't have any more recent video published, but it's even better now; believe or nor, I'm using Gemini for bounty hunting. Limited visibility doesn't matter when you can hit your targets from very long distance *

* -- applies mainly to Gemini with the long-range M6A laser cannons.

Exactly!

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74

View attachment 14674
I totally agrea, on the one hand...on the other hand, the game is just so damn gorgeous, I want to see more out through my window.

Also, this picture is fake, according to CIG...there is no totally obscuring reflection of objects, and you can actually see through the windscreen....where are all the scratches/abrasions & dirt? lol

Zapper Weisman

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 14, 2018
RSI Handle
ZapperWeisman
Last edited:

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
First, Great video. I do feel your pain. However.......

Exactly my opinion........
I didn't buy a Hornet, Arrow or several other ships because they didn't have a decent cargo capacity (not none at all).
See, I am a Trader --- a CosmicTrader......
The Starfarer is perfect for CityBoppin and BarHoppin.
I don't need no stinkin' view.....

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Be honest. That wasn't your armpit was it? You done had beans
Great to see we have so many TESTies who have the time to sit back and appreciate the beauty of a passing shadow. I understand if people needed to skip ahead, people are busy... In fact I expected everyone to go to 2:40... Wait did I leave the Mic on...?

All noises were genuine armpit generated - I am very out of practice I used to be able to make them drag on for way longer than that.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?