RSI Handle
Printimus

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I think if Areobatic teams like the Red Arrows and the Blue Angles did this they'd have much more funding.

I'm sure companies would be falling over themselves to sponsor them, Durex, Mates, Trojans...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Damn it, delete this thread and ban the user that started it...

Oops on second thought please don't do that. I like it here.
But this thread has 100% more pictures of the event in question.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Latest info:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/11/17/a-navy-pilot-drew-a-penis-in-the-sky-its-not-the-first-time-something-like-this-has-been-investigated/?hpid=hp_hp-cards_hp-card-world:homepage/card

In particular:
"As the photographs of the skywriting circulated online Friday morning, more than 100 people sent stories about the incident to Maximilian Uriarte, a Marine Corps veteran who draws the popular military-themed web comic “Terminal Lance.” Drawing male genitalia is a running joke in his comic. Doing so, he said, is a way that service members joke around with one another in what is still a hyper-masculine culture.

“I don’t know how much the culture of these pilots is embroiled in inappropriate things, but I think that drawing a penis is just meant to be funny,” he said. “For some reason, when you get into a situation where you need to draw something, it’s always a penis.”

He paused for a second.

“I’d love to offer real insight on this,” he said. “But I don’t know that there is much to be had.”"

I'll have to check out that Terminal Lance comic, now.

EDIT: So I go to that comic website, and this is what is there:
Strip_Fly_Hard.jpg

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Latest info:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/11/17/a-navy-pilot-drew-a-penis-in-the-sky-its-not-the-first-time-something-like-this-has-been-investigated/?hpid=hp_hp-cards_hp-card-world:homepage/card

In particular:
"As the photographs of the skywriting circulated online Friday morning, more than 100 people sent stories about the incident to Maximilian Uriarte, a Marine Corps veteran who draws the popular military-themed web comic “Terminal Lance.” Drawing male genitalia is a running joke in his comic. Doing so, he said, is a way that service members joke around with one another in what is still a hyper-masculine culture.

“I don’t know how much the culture of these pilots is embroiled in inappropriate things, but I think that drawing a penis is just meant to be funny,” he said. “For some reason, when you get into a situation where you need to draw something, it’s always a penis.”

He paused for a second.

“I’d love to offer real insight on this,” he said. “But I don’t know that there is much to be had.”"

I'll have to check out that Terminal Lance comic, now.

EDIT: So I go to that comic website, and this is what is there:
View attachment 8009
Hahaha, it's so true.

Forgot your password?