Things Go Boom - And Mesa Likey

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yo that's phresh. No reason I can think of not to have stuff like that broadcast in game for people to stream on the Spectrum while QDing between wherever, enough ships have TV screens in them to suggest that might be a thing in the end...?

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I never understood why the bad guys get the cool ships and the rebels cap ships all look like turds. I like the MC30. She’s fast as hell for a ship her size, but looks like it just got squeezed out. MC80 looks like some planetary sized Titan pinched a loaf.

NomadicHavoc

Captain
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
I never understood why the bad guys get the cool ships and the rebels cap ships all look like turds. I like the MC30. She’s fast as hell for a ship her size, but looks like it just got squeezed out. MC80 looks like some planetary sized Titan pinched a loaf.
Must be because George Lucas was glorifying the evils of the Empire while making the good guys look weak,and ineffective. George was Tflirting with evil. There can’ be no other answer 🤥

On a serious note, although you’re right - the wedge shaped ships do look cool and aggressive, I always kinda like the rotund rebel capital ships as they look unique and iconic in themselves. Am I the only one?

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
George actually explained the difference back in the 70’s. He said he wanted the Rebels to look “organic” and the Empire to look “mechanistic”. His mechanical experience was almost all with motorcycles and a few hot rods, and to be fair, rounded surfaces do look better on motorcycles because they’re dominated by a pair of circles. Same with the buckets he used to build. So there’s that.

NomadicHavoc

Captain
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
Yo that's phresh. No reason I can think of not to have stuff like that broadcast in game for people to stream on the Spectrum while QDing between wherever, enough ships have TV screens in them to suggest that might be a thing in the end...?
I like where you’re going with this. In GTAV it was always a nice diversion to occasionally turn on the in game TV and watch some funny TV shows. Could do the same here and watch SC related content in your apartment or ship while soaking in the views. Would be a nice touch.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
This just reminds me, imagine the impact that a ship dedicated to quickly launch a dozen furies into a combat scenario, get out of the way & then return to collect those that survive, could bring to a fleet fighting forces with dog fighting battles.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I agree completely, but I think we need to know what are the limiting factors for such battles. If there is for example, a limit to how many ships total can enter the fray for each or either side, then you probably want to use ships with quantum drives and bigger guns. The ability to jump system to system before loading up on a carrier has several large advantages. So just saying, we need to look much more closely at other low deck footprint designs, like the Arrow. Keeps the carrier away from the target. Also, the Fury runs a little hot. The Arrow has 3/4 the signature, so if you’re sneaking up on bigger ships with Eclipse, the Arrow may be worth a larger carrier.

If stealth and ship numbers are unlimited, then by all means pack as many Furies as you can into a Hercules and go!

And we still haven’t had anyone cut the wings off the Razor EX to see if it can still fly in space. If it can, it’s possible that deck footprint is even smaller than the Fury.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
This just reminds me, imagine the impact that a ship dedicated to quickly launch a dozen furies into a combat scenario, get out of the way & then return to collect those that survive, could bring to a fleet fighting forces with dog fighting battles.
I saw a mockup someone did of the Starfarer being a Fury carrier with all the snubs being external, ah, think I found it or at least one similar:

View: https://youtu.be/eQLzP4Nm-U8?si=2HwH1CIwt-oduR2w&t=10

EDIT - Wait what people have glitched it into being a carrier already...?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnNXBc_6sdw

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
And so I close my eyes and I can see her:
The "TSS Soccer Mom"
Dropping the kids at the border of the playground.
Reminding them to return to the pickup in 3 hours flat.
Or else... (menacing undertone)
And then she's off to the next cocktail bar to meet with the other moms.
Or dads.
It's the 30th century after all... ;-P

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I saw a mockup someone did of the Starfarer being a Fury carrier with all the snubs being external, ah, think I found it or at least one similar:

View: https://youtu.be/eQLzP4Nm-U8?si=2HwH1CIwt-oduR2w&t=10

EDIT - Wait what people have glitched it into being a carrier already...?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnNXBc_6sdw
Not going to lie, if a squadron of these Death-farers were to jump into the edge of a fleet battle, deploy their furies & jump away before attacked, I believe that they would be force multipliers. Especially if equipped with half their weapons being distortion to help drop the systems of ships in need of boarding.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Not going to lie, if a squadron of these Death-farers were to jump into the edge of a fleet battle, deploy their furies & jump away before attacked, I believe that they would be force multipliers. Especially if equipped with half their weapons being distortion to help drop the systems of ships in need of boarding.
I'm keeping hold of my 'Farer no matter what - and it's name is "The Murderers Child" based off of something what happened in TEST years ago, which is even better.

I also want to be able to refit my 'Farer with MOAB S10 gravity bombs. One per Gas Tank will do, so 6x MOAB on a 'Farer. Sounds OP until you realise those eggs are just sitting out there all vulnerable and a single bullet would send the whole outfit up in a moment of "oopsie" proportions

:glorious:

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Problem with the beautyfarer is that is flys like a bag of bricks and it's currently pretty much completely useless due to the fuel mechanic being non existant (fill up your capital ship with quantanium at a station for the price of a t shirt)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Problem with the beautyfarer is that is flys like a bag of bricks and it's currently pretty much completely useless due to the fuel mechanic being non existant (fill up your capital ship with quantanium at a station for the price of a t shirt)
I'm still waiting for its gas harvesting mechanics to come online, I have not yet tried to refuel anything because that's not what I have the ship for.

The atmosphere of Ita looks promising for radioactives, as do the depths of Crusader for other stuff. The heavier the element, the further down you have to dive, the further down you dive, higher the risk of going... Pop!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm keeping hold of my 'Farer no matter what - and it's name is "The Murderers Child" based off of something what happened in TEST years ago, which is even better.

I also want to be able to refit my 'Farer with MOAB S10 gravity bombs. One per Gas Tank will do, so 6x MOAB on a 'Farer. Sounds OP until you realise those eggs are just sitting out there all vulnerable and a single bullet would send the whole outfit up in a moment of "oopsie" proportions

:glorious:
Not to mention that if any space debris is large enough, has enough mass or is traveling fast enough to penetrate those MOABs happens to come into contact with them, something just became an unexpected "spicy meatball". There's also the question of what the heat from entering an atmosphere might do to them with them being exposed as they'd be. All of this being said, I love the idea. It's similar to me stating that IF CIG ever states that we can deploy alcohol fueled casks the same size & shape of the A2 bombs & slow their decent in some manner to land safely, I'll melt whatever I need to in my fleet to purchase 1 just for the sake of getting those at in game TEST events "absolutely bombed" in all the most enjoyable ways the game allows. Also, though I'll always be a fan of the legendary Robin Williams, I will not be dropping any destructive bombs from the A2 mixed in with the alcohol casks, so that nobody knows which will get them bombed or "bombed" until it's too late. Cheers!

Reactions: NomadicHavoc
Forgot your password?