Racing This is our division chat for now...

Will we fill out the entire top of the racing leaderboards in 1.1 with test symbols?

• Yes

Votes: 54 76.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • I don't have test as my main org, so I'm basicly evil

Votes: 7 9.9%

• Total voters

RuntimeError

Lieutenant
Mar 20, 2015
RSI Handle
RuntimeError
Since we are going to live with the new Comstab for at least a while I tried some laps on Vanderval. Comstab off except for Gate 2.

1.01.85 .. and definitely some room for improvement ;)

Eiyron

Space Marshal
Jan 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Eiyron
I'm also Concerned for the Dog fighting part of the 350R... since it slides waaaaaaaaaaay more than it did, maneuvering around a target in close distance is relatively hard. (100 - 400m)

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
Since we are going to live with the new Comstab for at least a while I tried some laps on Vanderval. Comstab off except for Gate 2.

1.01.85 .. and definitely some room for improvement ;)
Uuuh, that's the fastest comstab time I've seen so far Runtime :O
I like how smooth it looks when you fly with joystick.

16min and 50 seconds xD http://www.twitch.tv/shivestream/b/640066134
Please ignore the retarded commentary. Sound muted -> adviced.

Stormtrooper

Lieutenant
Jan 31, 2015
RSI Handle
Storm-Trooper
Ah i watch these videos of perfect turns and milimetrical adjusments during flight and im here just twisting and pulling my joystick with no real coordiination, hope that when PU comes out i can get into racing.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
oh... so the 1.1 totally changed the flight models? is that why I crashed so much more than I have before? (like I didn't in the first place...)

yeah... putting blame on anything by my own skills... right...

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
It's not so much that the whole flightmodel has changed as much as it's just comstab :p But it seems you can stop some of the sliding by rolling with your ship while turning xD which is beneficial, but so damn hard to pull off :p

Ah i watch these videos of perfect turns and milimetrical adjusments during flight and im here just twisting and pulling my joystick with no real coordiination, hope that when PU comes out i can get into racing.
Wish u'd get into racing before that ;)

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
While we still had the free fly weekend I got pretty good with the Omega or Gamma. When 1.1 hit things felt a little looser and I also tried an 350r. Do you guys think they'll eventually split it based on the ship or just keep high scores overall and also show the best per ship like the currently do on click? I'd like to get one of the Mustangs but can't commit to the 350r at this time. Right now I'm back to only an LN and it's bad.

Last edited:

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
Who can tell :S I think there'll be a sort of speed overhaul at some point. Hopefully they'll all be closer to eachother in performance

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
-_- and this is the exact reason I shouldn't be fun racing. !!! If I was racing for reals I'd expect a total time of around 3min and 5ish seconds.

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
That was one of my first few times in the 350r. Racing is pretty messed up for me right now. The beginning is a major lagfest but once I get going I get okay times. I must be missing a shortcut somewhere because I was in first that race but the guy behind me caught up and gained quite the lead. After gate 4 I've tried both dipping down and going to the left a little and they seem to be getting the same time. Maybe its just that my hand is shaky and I'm losing time keeping it going straight after big turns. Before we lose all the racers I should watch some more videos.

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
That was one of my first few times in the 350r. Racing is pretty messed up for me right now. The beginning is a major lagfest but once I get going I get okay times. I must be missing a shortcut somewhere because I was in first that race but the guy behind me caught up and gained quite the lead. After gate 4 I've tried both dipping down and going to the left a little and they seem to be getting the same time. Maybe its just that my hand is shaky and I'm losing time keeping it going straight after big turns. Before we lose all the racers I should watch some more videos.
I'm not doing it... buuuut... if you haven't raced too much yet, try to see if you can get used to relative mode (activated with ctrl+c). It'll give you faster times than if you just race normally. You might want to do some setting up with the sensitivity...

I've used so many hours in drone sim, but just with 20-30min of relative mode I could start to set rly fast times.

It all comes down to the fact that while big turns are harder, you can respond faster and make big adjustments accurately, and you will not have to overshoot which you do otherwise.

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
Okay, forget all I said. It seems you can turn the fastest of all in the 350R by always turning in 45degree angles in such a way, that you're pitching and yaw'ing equally the same.

If you wanna go left, you roll 45degrees counterclock wise, then dragging your mouse directly left. The mix between yaw and pitch seems to utilize as many maneuvering thrusters as possible, and as a result, you get the least amount of slide, and you get something very much like the comstab we had the patch before. I currently have 7 or 8th place on Rikkord, flying backwards....using this technique xD I'll upload the video at some point...

Reactions: WarrenPeace

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I currently have 7 or 8th place on Rikkord, flying backwards....using this technique xD I'll upload the video at some point...
Shive stop showing off

No, wait, the other thing. Never stop.

Forgot your password?