This is starting to feel familiar...

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
Ok, so I currently have a Super Hornet, 315p, Connie aquila, and a hull B. I'm planning to add a vulture and a prospector to that list. These were going to be it for my fleet pre-release. The super hornet is in there in case I get better at combat and want to do that for a bit. Then I felt, well, the hull B doesn't have much in the way of defense, maybe I should get a cutlass black to do cargo runs and be defensible, so now that's on the list. Now I'm seeing this apollo and I'm thinking that I could join up and do group stuff even if I don't get better at combat. I could rescue and heal folks while hopefully being not too big a target.

There's plenty of ships I want to earn in game but they keep thinking of ways to get me to want to open my wallet now. I need a support group or something lol

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I need a support group or something lol
I will gladly support you, to buy more ships! Lol I have the same challenge.
Going to share this opinion/story to help spread a balanced message.
It might be a little too serious, sorry for that. Just, I've gone deep down the rabbit hole already.

TLDR: Pledge responsibly, if you have a self-control issue and/or not have the spare money, don't continue pledging, the sunken cost fallacy force is STRONG here.

I think, if we REALLY want to save money, just stick to what we have.
In my deranged head.. I've convinced myself I'm trading money for time saved.
I know I won't be able to play SC like I played WoW... I'm older, have a kid, married, and I'd like to keep my marriage and do right by my kid... so... I have to play moderately at best. So I use that to stupidly justify to myself about buying more spaceships is the best thing for me to do.... so I can spend the sporadic time I'll have, doing whatever I want. This... is... a risky assumption. Because anything could happen, and tbh, since I'm not rich, it's an unhealthy addiction once you go past that point of no return with the sunken cost fallacy. So... if you want my honest advice, pledge responsibly... if you're like me and have self control issues.... find a way to add a sanity check via a significant other or family member. Don't be like me and bypass the sanity checks and just throw money at your screen, if you don't have the money to literally burn because you can afford to burn it. Just my 2 cents.

P.S. Help! lol

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
I actually have a prospector concept with LTI in my buyback if you ever want to get it.
Actually I may take you up on that. Might not be for a month or two, but that would be helpful. I'll check in with you if/when I'm ready to buy.

You have access to this? Could upgrade the ones you don't want and they all got that sweet sweet LTI.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Entrepreneur-Pack
Some support group, huh? Go on, you can have another... you don't have a problem...
I may not have the right access level to that, I actually went and looked it up because the link doesn't take me to the right page. If I understand right, that's apparently ~$680 worth of stuff for $600 right? If it is eventually available to me I suppose I could upgrade the extra hull B to something else. Damn it beer

I will gladly support you, to buy more ships! Lol I have the same challenge.
Going to share this opinion/story to help spread a balanced message.
It might be a little too serious, sorry for that. Just, I've gone deep down the rabbit hole already.

TLDR: Pledge responsibly, if you have a self-control issue and/or not have the spare money, don't continue pledging, the sunken cost fallacy force is STRONG here.

I think, if we REALLY want to save money, just stick to what we have.
In my deranged head.. I've convinced myself I'm trading money for time saved.
I know I won't be able to play SC like I played WoW... I'm older, have a kid, married, and I'd like to keep my marriage and do right by my kid... so... I have to play moderately at best. So I use that to stupidly justify to myself about buying more spaceships is the best thing for me to do.... so I can spend the sporadic time I'll have, doing whatever I want. This... is... a risky assumption. Because anything could happen, and tbh, since I'm not rich, it's an unhealthy addiction once you go past that point of no return with the sunken cost fallacy. So... if you want my honest advice, pledge responsibly... if you're like me and have self control issues.... find a way to add a sanity check via a significant other or family member. Don't be like me and bypass the sanity checks and just throw money at your screen, if you don't have the money to literally burn because you can afford to burn it. Just my 2 cents.

P.S. Help! lol
Before I took a break I was spending money I shouldn't have been. I had just recently replayed freelancer when I heard about star citizen and the fever just hit me. Now I'm actually only spending when I can afford to so i'm not worried about making impulse buys or anything, just that I keep thinking I'm done building and they find new ways to pull me back in lol

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
I only mention that pack because it has several of the ships you mentioned and they can be acquired with credit. You may end up with that much credit and concierge access if you get all the boats on your wish list. Just something to keep in mind.

The boats you get now should really just be what you want access to in the alpha, instead of the actual game so much. I think we all have a bit of a tendency to play this game in our imagination relying quite a bit on assumptions. We don't really know how long it will take to get this boat or that one, we don't really know how much we will like to play with some of these that are only jpegs still.

That's why I'm opting to pass on the new Apollo. Not that I dislike it, but when medical mechanics start getting fleshed out in game, the Cutty Red will give me a less costly way to try them out in the alpha (and the Cutty Black is kind of a bad ass right now, so I'd expect similar from the Red).

Over the years, I slowly crept up to concierge levels of credit. A $100 purchase here, a $20 ccu there, and eventually, I had a whole mess of credit if I melted everything. None of it is an investment, it's just a hobby. If the hobby becomes a chore, you can always ditch it for awhile and come back to it later. Beats sniffing glue, as far as hobbies go.
airplane-sniffing-glue-o.gif

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
I must have bought and melted a digital bounty hunter package with a 300i and a retaliator heavy bomber years ago, because I just now noticed I have them in my buyback pledges. I honestly don't remember why I bought them or why I got rid of them. any thoughts on whether they're worth another look?

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Seriously how much time per week can you spend on one game. Every ship you own divide the time by that. The more ships you own the less worth they have. Even then you maybe able to buy them in game (subject to being able to raise enough funds in game).

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
For that entrepreneur package, do you have to be concierge level to see it? Or is it not available anymore?
The pack is still available as far as I can see. Must be concierge only. I wouldn't recommend going after that pack as any sort of goal, just remember it's there if you stumble clumsily over that concierge limit like I did, and want a way to regroup your boats with some LTI while still being able to use credit.

I must have bought and melted a digital bounty hunter package with a 300i and a retaliator heavy bomber years ago, because I just now noticed I have them in my buyback pledges. I honestly don't remember why I bought them or why I got rid of them. any thoughts on whether they're worth another look?
I don't really know anything about 300i or Retaliator. 300 might be interesting when its rework gets put out there, but Origin is too posh for me (I'm a filthy Drakester at heart). Got a feeling the variants are going to be where it's at for the 300 series. Just speculating though.

I always liked the look and the idea of the Retaliator, but all it's options and potential have been on the back burner for ages now. Long enough that it might be kind of obsolete now, and may end up buffed (more torps, bigger guns) just to keep up. But who can really say? I don't think its been a priority at all, and doubt it will be soon.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
testsquadron.com is possibly the WORST support website you could have chosen!!!

I started off here asking if I should get an aurora or a mustang and I've now got a retaliator, merchantman, carrack, terrapin, hammerhead, etc etc, and I STILL DO NOT HAVE A AURORA OR A MUSTANG!!!!

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius

I started off here asking if I should get an aurora or a mustang and I've now got a retaliator, merchantman, carrack, terrapin, hammerhead, etc etc, and I STILL DO NOT HAVE A AURORA OR A MUSTANG!!!!
I'll trade that Hammerhead for an Aurora and Mustang.

With LTI.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

This seems to be a reoccurring issue - I think i'm one of the only TESTies with an Aurora.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
This seems to be a reoccurring issue - I think i'm one of the only TESTies with an Aurora.
I think @Montoya should kick anyone who does not have an Aurora. I'll buy one then, and come back cap in hand ready to do _anything_

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
For that entrepreneur package, do you have to be concierge level to see it? Or is it not available anymore?
Yes, you have to be concierge to see it. I happen to have one in my buy backs, so its available should you want one.
Entrepreneur.png

Forgot your password?