Thoes who say Voice attack is cheating...

Stoutman

Space Marshal
May 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Stoutman
Voice commands definitely help when you are too busy to do one more thing at the same time with your hands. I use it and its pretty cool.

I even use Voice Attack to control my bot while streaming.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I am wondering though, for group missions where you have ten players on VOIP together, what will become of voice commands. If you can dedicate one switch to toggle /on and off your comms, then have half dozen voice commands you'll be fine, but you are one click away form communications and they are extremely important in complex operations involving multiple ships.

Reactions: Blind Owl

GojiraSamurai

Space Marshal
Jul 22, 2016
RSI Handle
GojiraSamurai
I am wondering though, for group missions where you have ten players on VOIP together, what will become of voice commands. If you can dedicate one switch to toggle /on and off your comms, then have half dozen voice commands you'll be fine, but you are one click away form communications and they are extremely important in complex operations involving multiple ships.
not an issue at all when using it in TS or Discord..ever hear of push to talk?

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
not an issue at all when using it in TS or Discord..ever hear of push to talk?
Yes. That's what I'm saying. You still need to toggle on/off the comms.

I have to wonder what people are flying that they don't have enough buttons on a HOTUS, let alone a keyboard. Buttons seem faster to me and I don't have to worry about people thinking I've been hearing The Voices again.

Still waiting to hear how the new 34" curved touchscreens work for targeting. That almost seems the best possible solution.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Yes. That's what I'm saying. You still need to toggle on/off the comms.

I have to wonder what people are flying that they don't have enough buttons on a HOTUS, let alone a keyboard. Buttons seem faster to me and I don't have to worry about people thinking I've been hearing The Voices again.

Still waiting to hear how the new 34" curved touchscreens work for targeting. That almost seems the best possible solution.
Different folks, different strokes. I use VoiceAttack mainly when I'm playing SC in the vive (Huge virtual screen, not true VR) but I cant find shit on my keyboard with that headset on. There's also something to be said for immersion in giving your "ship's AI" commands. Thats how it feels to me, anyways.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
"Push to talk" so you'll not take your finger off the flight stick to fire a missile, but you'll take your finger off the flight stick to push a button to tell the computer to fire a missile...? Or better fly keyboard and mouse and use the middle mouse button to spam those darts.

Forgot your password?