Those of You Thinking of Getting a Javelin - Read This First

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
I've spent 35 dollars and I don't see myself increasing that ever.
**pats Flashwit on the head**

Oh, you poor, poor, deluded fool... Such words have passed so many of our lips, yet the lure of Christ Roberts' vision is mighty, whilst our financial discipline is weak.

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
Right, I've spent 75, not counting the new video card, and all I have to show for it is an Aurora, a buggy, some fish in a tank, a pretty hanger, and oh ya, a cot.

Flashwit

Space Marshal
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Flashwit
**pats Flashwit on the head**

Oh, you poor, poor, deluded fool... Such words have passed so many of our lips, yet the lure of Christ Roberts' vision is mighty, whilst our financial discipline is weak.
Ah, so you think!

It has been 2 years, 2 months, 21 days since I paid that first 35 dollars. Still going strong!

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Hi, I'm WarrenPeace (and sometimes Shortspark). I spend too much money on internet spaceships. And that's ok. :D

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I think most of us at the beginning said "I'm going to back the game and buy one ship because I believe in Chris Roberts"

Most of us now have several ships in our hangar sometimes worth thousands of dollars in digial pixels. Its a slippery slope and I think Chris stands behind you and pushes. Its ok though because he gives us Letters in return sometimes if he pushes enough people.

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
When I first saw SC, it was barely more than an idea and the kickstarted had raised less than $500k. I cautiously (some might say stupidly but at that time nobody could predict where it would go, not even Chris Roberts) decided to wait a little and see where it went. Eventually I decided to make a pledge to support the development back in Jan. of this year by "buying" a Cutlass.

Now, I am not any sort of impulse buyer normally. It took me 9 years to get a tattoo once I'd decided I wanted one, to make sure I really wanted to have this embedded in my flesh, until death do us part (hey it lasted longer than my marriage, maybe I should have waited 9 years for that). I don't make upgrades to my computer until at least 6-12 months after a new part is released. But I am now sitting on $520 worth of internet spaceships and other items (stun baton, handcuffs, laser pistol, trenchcoat, electro ship skin).

So congrats on holding out for 2+ years, and good luck for another two :)

Cheers,

Shar

Flashwit

Space Marshal
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Flashwit
Haha, same for me. I've had an idea for a tattoo for about 4-5 years now. Still haven't done it, but I'll get there eventually!

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
So far the tattoo is 27 years old, needs a touch-up but I have never for a second regretted getting it. Now if only I could get back all the money I spent on WoW (about $200), EverQuest (who knows), EVE Online (again, who knows), Rift ($600-800) and other games I could get the one I want on the other shoulder blade. Although I would probably spend it on internet spaceships instead.

Forgot your password?