Thoughts about and around Star Citizen: Around the Verse 3.9 - UK

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Well after watching the RTV today - the dogfighting under the new system looked like a boring day out at the zoo in the rain, all the animals hiding in their shelters! :(

Reactions: AstroSam

Pr0totype dFA

Space Marshal
Jan 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Pr0totype_dFA
I can't really say much until we actually try it in game. My friend hated the fact that the ships felt like they had no mass and maybe this could help get that feeling into flight. I honestly never had problems with flying at high speeds, in fact I preferred to fly fast while dog fighting. I was able to hit my targets with no problem on my Warthog HOTAS and I actually did use Afterburners quite often.

Things will change and nothing set in stone. It's just another TEST for us to try out and see how the results will be. It probably would have been easier for us to adjust to if we weren't going at such high speeds already. All we can do now is just see for ourselves when that time comes :)

Reactions: AstroSam and Rolo

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Well after watching the RTV today - the dogfighting under the new system looked like a boring day out at the zoo in the rain, all the animals hiding in their shelters! :(
I disagree. It appears much "smoother". It finally appears more like dogfighting and not anymore like fly&crash. I can imagine that you are now able to *pilot* your ship and not only to run, shoot somewhere for hoping to perhaps hit anything but not empty room or an asteroid. No, I'm still very excited to play the 2.6 including the new speed table.

Reactions: Rolo and DansAFK

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
We'll see Sam! We'll see! Don't forget we still have to have out starfarer date!

Reactions: AstroSam

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Okay - having watched the Ship Speeds part of the video here is the BobFace Solution:

Sure, lower SCM but enable Cruise (in AC as well): higher speed, much lower manoeuvrability, those who want fast stay fast but pay a price. Keep the afterburner but don't fuel limit it: add it to the weapon cooler instead - you burn too long, weapons slow or go offline as the cooler is overwhelmed. Abuse the 'Burner and the punishment is no pew.

The mechanics are all already there to suit all play types but encourage Close Quarters as that playstyle has the least drawbacks ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rolo and AstroSam
Forgot your password?