Thoughts on Exploration Group?

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
As said there already is a exploration group we where just to sober to remember that :beers:

https://testsquadron.com/threads/d-s-e-t-deep-space-exploration-testies.3887/

Beer for every one drink up! see straight :beers:

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Reactions: StdDev

felyxsnow

Commander
Donor
Dec 17, 2016
RSI Handle
felyxsnow
As said there already is a exploration group we where just to sober to remember that :beers:
Beer for every one drink up! see straight :beers:
It says they want to work with "other Exploration teams" in the OP... they seem to do artifacts, mining, jump points etc. I'd like to do some Recon/Intel Exploration. We could work together to share/chart jump points. A more strategic/aggressive side of exploration. a la Ghost/DUR/Carrack

This is really a post to get more people talking about different aspects of Exploration. Maybe create a larger Group to house all the smaller teams/units?

Op4ArcticFox

Space Marshal
May 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Op4ArcticFox
1. I didn't read the previous post, because I am lazy.
2. I feel like exploration will fall under logistics. It's a large part of the game, but not nearly as much so as trade or combat. We should probably think of combining smaller professions into related groups to better manage resources and population levels.

So Scanning/Explorer/InfoRunner/Intel should all be one group. Knowing where resources are, and the best/fastest routes to travel, and the location and composition of threats are the best information to have, and impacts the other major professions.

T-LOG (Test Logistics)
We dump our loads then split! - not a real motto, I just wanted to be dirty. Thanks..

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
It says they want to work with "other Exploration teams" in the OP... they seem to do artifacts, mining, jump points etc. I'd like to do some Recon/Intel Exploration. We could work together to share/chart jump points. A more strategic/aggressive side of exploration. a la Ghost/DUR/Carrack

This is really a post to get more people talking about different aspects of Exploration. Maybe create a larger Group to house all the smaller teams/units?

Kind of exactly what they do ... why have two or split up group for exploration it is a large group and area but only need one name
don't make things more complicated than it have to be..

D.S.E.T.
Collective Goals:
Mapping systems
Jump Points
Resources
Derelicts/Alien Derelicts
Aliens
Asteroid Bases (if bases are a thing)
Bangle
Stinger

......etc ??

315/Ghost/Dur/Aquila/Carrack.... kind of thing all of it.. and then some more ;)

Might be better to evolve the one already in existence ;)

Cheers :beers:

Reactions: StdDev

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Great then lets head over to the Explorer group and let them know what explorer interested TESTies look like :P

One group to fit em all

NO! I know lets have a Explorer Casual group, Explorer Mid range group, Explorer Lazy group, Explorer combat group, Explorer Extreem Group, Explooo..... Aaaa heck let us all make one Explorer group each much easier :P

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Or even, even much better let's just have one big cargo container of beer and each of us head of in different direction....
The one who don't make it back found something.. (or just past out) now the rest of us can go on search rescue party :smile:

:beers: :beers: :beers: :beers::beers: :beers:

EDIT: I have a BMM that hold a shitload of beer containers and so will my Carrack and Aquila.. we can use all those then I get the tracker and Dur.. Caterpillar and... OMG we're gonna get shitfaced....

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Reactions: Phantomoftruth

Likewise

Captain
Nov 11, 2016
RSI Handle
likewiseone
I'm into exploring whatever the name. My 315p might actually be useful then.
Maybe a more serious name with a better acronym would be better, like Bureau of Undisclosed Traffic&Travel Spacefaring with Non-Interference Fact Finding.
I'm a fan. It can work in conjunction with the Frontier Acquisition and Retrieval Team.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
OK, what's the Latin for "I have no idea what I'm doing" ?
I have no idea, I've not had a single Latin lesson in my life. When I get a spare moment i'll use an Internet translate tool and see what comes out.

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
I'm a fan. It can work in conjunction with the Frontier Acquisition and Retrieval Team.
Just as long as we don't cross into the territory of the Space Hauling, Acquisitions, and Retrievals Team. That could be a mess...

EDIT: Let's face it though, if we've gone that far, we may as well join the Space Hauler Interstellar Team.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
So guess my Carrack and newly acquired Aquila together with the Hornet tracker and the DUR I'm getting later on will fit in perfect here :D
Whooohooo :D
We're going to have so much fun :D

CHEERS! :beers: :beers:

felyxsnow

Commander
Donor
Dec 17, 2016
RSI Handle
felyxsnow
Yet we have also had a mining group for almost a year now.
It's never too early for a discussion. The more we talk about it, I figure the more we are ready for when that content arrives. Exploration touches so many other professions, I'm just surprised there isn't an official group on the page where we can talk about Exploration stuff (ship comps, outfittings, etc.)

Reactions: Mich Angel
Forgot your password?