TLDR - The Glaive freak out on RSI

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
Is there more info on this F18 Lightning, now I want it !

Oh wait... FIRST ! ( response/reply counts right ?? Did I win a beer ?)

Nightrider

Media Propaganda Czar
Jul 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Nightrider
Glaive LTI
It slices it dices it makes julienne fries and ladies you'll just love it.
And if you order before midnight tonight we won't just include one Glaive blade,
we will include two Glaive blades ...
That's right you heard me right ladies & gentleman we will include not one but two Glaive blades
for the low low price of three monthly payments of $13.33

Call now

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake

You mean F8 Lightning? From what we are told, CR wants to keep it a surprise, and that they wouldn't be allowed to normal civilians. The Glaive is the equivalent of the Hornet (both are medium fighters), the Glaive more equivalent of the Super Hornet. I don't think we will see the the heavy fighters for sale aka Vanduul Stinger and Anvil F8.

Feral Oxide

Grand Admiral
Mar 13, 2015
RSI Handle
FeralOxide
Ha ha ho ho. Got a medallion to rent one ship of crap on toast with a pretty bread knife it seems. Gooooooo team!
Nice article boss!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
You mean F8 Lightning? From what we are told, CR wants to keep it a surprise, and that they wouldn't be allowed to normal civilians. The Glaive is the equivalent of the Hornet (both are medium fighters), the Glaive more equivalent of the Super Hornet. I don't think we will see the the heavy fighters for sale aka Vanduul Stinger and Anvil F8.
I hear you, but we have heard this all before!

Watch them come out with a stripped down civilian version that somehow fits the lore.

I know I would buy one!

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
TLDR: a 4:45 video? If I'm not gonna read that stuff why would I watch a long video

Gimme the TLDR of this video

Chairman Meow

Grand Admiral
Jan 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Chabby
TLDR: a 4:45 video? If I'm not gonna read that stuff why would I watch a long video

Gimme the TLDR of this video
Cig is good at making loopholes to sell ships so expect more in the future, Gamescom was expensive and the Glaive was an easy blank check, a lot of users had trouble even attempting to gain the right to pay them money, Montoya got his

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
I hear you, but we have heard this all before!

Watch them come out with a stripped down civilian version that somehow fits the lore.

I know I would buy one!
I would kill for a f8 or stinger. But we have yet to see the vanduul blade(?) and Anvils light fighter. Both are also easy checks and they don't have have to make some lore excuse as there is more of these and the Anvil light fighter is older in my memory. Also they can sell more of them and make more money.

vindslav

Vice Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
vindslav

Only a little has been told about the Lightning. The Anvil Aerospace F8 Lightning is a heavy fighter, adopted by the UEE to to fill the void left by the decommissioning of the aged Aegis Dynamics Gladius. The Lightning, as such, fills in a similar role to the Gladius, which was originally adopted due to being a better fit for combatting the ships and tactics of the Vanduul. Unlike the Gladius though, which relied more heavily on its ability to out maneuver the Vanduul, the F8 takes the traditional approach which Anvil is famous for, covering a ship with a butt tonne of armour and filling every spare space with weaponry.

Since the ship is supposed to be only just come into production, it would be unavailable for civilian purchase for a while, due to contract between Anvil and the UEE (similar to what you see with modern fighters). Game wise, this could be a intended usage of the ship for policing, since it would out class most other fighters available.

It was also discovered that they ship is pretty far in development when there was the big Disco Lando Leak.

Reactions: Liquor_and_ores
Forgot your password?