RSI Handle
Takeiteasy

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
In other news, reports are coming in of masses of scotspersons arriving in Newcastle calling themselves refugees and claiming asylum at the Newcastle Brown brewery.

Last edited:

Joehockey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Apr 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Joehockey
So erm.. anyone got like a spare room or guest room I can use for a while when this takes effect?
Shit, when I was back at Kansas State, you could get a handle of vodka for as low as $7 after tax. Sure it taste like gasoline and went down like fire but on a college budget you couldn't do much better. Plus the whole dry counties on Sunday's thing was BS. Might be able to make some phone calls down there and get you a place! LMAO

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
The important question here is will it affect the price of Scotch here in the States? If so, I switch to Kentucky Bourbon... Or maybe some moonshine... :cocktail:
No it wo-yes it definitely will, you should really stock up and also what's your address and alarm code?

Only joking, purely and utterly a Scotland thing so abroad will be unaffected, and so will scotch sales in Scotland for the most part, it's targeting cheap booze rather than the good stuff which already costs more per unit.

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
Its a panic over nothing at the moment. At 50 pence a unit that would make a bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale just £1.10 each, Currently you can get them for £1.20 in Bargain Booze and never less than £2.50 in a pub.

Although it is the thin edge of the wedge as they will raise it. Its the litre bottles of cider that will get hit, I've not had one since the 80's

My weekly (minimum) recommended intake will now cost me less than £10 in the frozen North.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
There goes half of the tourism revenue :P jk
I get why but damn.. why should only rich people enjoy a good drink?
I sure would be upset I have to pay more for beer, because I don't have a problem, I drink in moderation.. why should I be punished?

edit:
f me...
"Four 440ml cans of 9% lager will now cost a minimum of £7.92."

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Sounds like there is actually going to be minimum impact apart from the supercheap shite. Tax on the poor? No one is forcing anyone to pour white lightening on their breakfast cereal but themselves.

I tried Local Ale and Cocopops once, but just the once. It took it off the bucket list - booze instead of milk on my breakfast.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
NAFF, I thought they had moved that brewery to Tadcaster in N Yorks, which is why (one reason) it tastes different nowadays
That shows you how much of a drinker I actually am :-o

Forgot your password?