Too many Carracks?

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
So Carrack is love, Carrack is life but I wonder if it might be a little too common in the Verse? Because of its availability as an early backer prize and the subsequent hype due to its features and near capital class size change I guess I worry that it might be a bit of a McCarrack and it's role and Awe factor will be watered down. I definitely have my Firefly/Star trek fantasies but I also kind if like being a special snowflake.

Any one else have a crisis of the faith from time to time? :smile:

People have to remember you cant really fly those ships solo, you need a crew and until we know for sure how NPC or AI is going to work everyone with a Carrack will need what at least 4 people to run it efficiently? This is the main reason I did not buy a large ship right off the bat, I didn't want to have to fly with strangers, once the game gets going and you meet people ya it will be easier but for now these larger ships may not be used as much as people think day 1. I could be wrong though the community in this org and game seem strong and to me that's what sets this game apart from others.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
People have to remember you cant really fly those ships solo, you need a crew and until we know for sure how NPC or AI is going to work everyone with a Carrack will need what at least 4 people to run it efficiently? This is the main reason I did not buy a large ship right off the bat, I didn't want to have to fly with strangers, once the game gets going and you meet people ya it will be easier but for now these larger ships may not be used as much as people think day 1. I could be wrong though the community in this org and game seem strong and to me that's what sets this game apart from others.
From what I understand the roles fragment so a solo ship you can do everything from your seat but it not be as powerful a set of abilities, whereas a multi-crew ship you have dedicated stations that are much more efficient/powerful. My assumption is you could fly to point X, park, run to the station, do whats needed there, run to the next station, do that, then try to do both at the same time... urm... maybe thats not such an option...

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
They will if they have a high enough blood alcohol level when they melt I would imagine.
Well then, I reckon we need to get the snowflakes drinking before we melt them. Easy! Invite them to TEST.
From what I understand the roles fragment so a solo ship you can do everything from your seat but it not be as powerful a set of abilities, whereas a multi-crew ship you have dedicated stations that are much more efficient/powerful. My assumption is you could fly to point X, park, run to the station, do whats needed there, run to the next station, do that, then try to do both at the same time... urm... maybe thats not such an option...
My assumption as well. May not be efficient, but it would be doable.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
From what I understand. . .you have dedicated stations that are much more efficient/powerful. My assumption is you could fly to point X, park, run to the station, do whats needed there, run to the next station, do that, then try to do both at the same time... urm... maybe thats not such an option...
Yup. It's noteworthy how they put scan stations in several ships (even smallish ones like Lancer and Turtle), and to use the full capability you need to use the station. I have said this before, but will say it again--scan capability is one of the most important capabilities a ship has. The bigger the ship, the better the scan, but the further you will be seen and scanned by others. So flying a big ship with good scan and not using that scan makes you into a huge fat target. Without the scan stations operating at full capacity, you do not see what is seeing you, which is a recipe for disaster.

Forgot your password?