Tumbril Storm

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
On sale now, I've grabbed me pocket tonk but I'm surprised more isn't being made of it all I'm seeing is hype for the Lynx.

Concept so not flyable yet, and £71gbp so probs about $80bucks.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Ehh, idk, the vehicle itself just... doesn't seem all that exiting. Like, it's an oddly shaped APC without the PC part. It's just a weird A.
I'm at most excited about using the concept CCU to get some store credit discounts.
Pretty sure most backers aren't all that interested in ground vehicles to begin with.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The things which draw me to the Storm rather than the Nova:

Light Tank - In games I have always valued speed over strength or bulk. Yeah I loved flying the Y Wing but it was sloooow. If I got hit in the A Wing it was game over but you could take on 3 targets in the time you could reach one in the Y. Call me impatient. Having speed also lets you dictate an encounter. If it's going south, I can just turn tail and stroll off. Yeah it's not going to be faster than anything in the air but I'd expect it to be faster than anything that can threaten it on the ground (Just don't remind me the pillion position on the Drake Dragonfly can fit a shot-gun passenger with a rail gun).
If I want to live, I take a slow bulky Tank of a craft, but if I want to play? Heh, it is a game, after all :glorious:

Easier to transport - this'll definitely fit in a ship I own where the Nova definitely doesn't fit in any of the ships I own. I had a Tonk. It turned in to something which I could go places in.

Energy Weapon - An unlimited ammo tonk? Yeah the cannon is less powerful but energy weapons have an advantage over unshielded armour over ballistics and never running out of ammo is one hell of an advantage. I just hope Hurston has worked on the range and projectile velocity or it's an assault vehicle rather than a tank and at that point you'd be wanting a pair of repeaters for mowing down rather than a canon for a stand-off slap.

Yeah it's not really anything special, but at least now it is something :-)

Reactions: PlayWithMeOrDie

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
It would have been nice to see what the coverage areas of the gun(s) on the Storm were - It doesn't sit too much higher than the top of the track guards on the rear tracks, limiting the ability to go hull-down and only have the gun appearing over a ridge, but if it has reasonable depression, parking on a reverse slope may be possible.

Of course it also needs gameplay that allows\rewards using it like that...

Forgot your password?