Turbulent joins Cloud Imperium Games

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
It's a decent strategy really. Outsource. Take a few years to eye up if they're a dumpster fire or a 6 foot super model - if you likey absorby absorby!

Reactions: wmk and Raven_King

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
CIG has been working with many other studios in the past, and some of those have been gobbled up by other companies. Given the nature of studio acquisitions these days, it makes sense that CIG secure one of their biggest partners so they can prevent loss of talent. Especially since they are instrumental in solving the PES and Server Meshing which CIG had failed at several times before on their own.

And for the East Coasters that don’t want to travel to LA or Texas for CitizenCon, it could mean a convention in Montreal as well.

That said, I still see SQ42 as a minimum of 2 years away and SC as 4 years away…heck, until I see it, PYRO is still 2 years away..

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Turbulent clouds are never good when flying
Well a little Turbulence in the Clouds may make them move their asses for once.
Anyway, the development of Star Citizen has been a turbulent one even before that studio they now acquired was founded in 2020. And knowing that adding chaos to chaos will not increase chaos as chaos is absolute... err... where was I?
I guess my point is I am neuther concerned nor excited about this.
At this point in time news like CIG hiring or otherwise enslaving a couple of programmers files under "business as usual".
The days when I identified an increase in crewsize as marks of approaching a finished product are long past.
But talking about fusions, anyone up for a bet?
Whats gonna be here first: Star Citizen or commercial fusion reactors?

Forgot your password?