Turtle Power

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
the Terrapin is a cool ship, even if it looks like a turtle. I flew mine for about 30 minutes today, it seems to me to be kind of light on weapons, but shielding and engine power are good. It has max speed of 1205 m/s on afterburner? I think that's right. It can outrun a Cutlass anyway.

The description they use is more what would describe a medium scout ship, but the armament and capabilities seem a little light on that front. With a ship like that, the idea is to be nosy and sneaky, but try not get into trouble - we'll see how that pans out. And if it's not working out, we can upgrade to something more capable.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
It is true that going fast is more important than shooting back, in the role it was designed for. Also note a pair of S2's is likely enough for the Close Air Support role in ground assaults, which are typically small vehicles and soldiers which are soft targets. What matters against them is the armor. This thing is not quite an A-10 but has some similarities. I do wish they'd left the S5 on it though.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
i thought it was turtle power?
You're right - I am ashamed.
What is with the series? Did they pull the bigger guns off?
they did off the 350 - back down to 2x s2. the rest of the series? Hanging in the balance.

that said it'll probably be drastically redesigned and all my salt will be null and void.

Forgot your password?