Ugh

Kiladyn

Vice Admiral
Dec 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Kiladyn
Sorry I just need a place to vent and get some stuff off of my chest. My daughter is in the hospital and I'm freaking out. Shes only 2 so she cant really say hows shes feeling. She has had a fever for over a week now. She was diagnosed with Strep earlier in the week and been on antibiotics since then. They havent helped, in fact she has lost more of her little appetite. The doctors ran blood work when we took her to the ER yesterday. They said it is in fact not strep. They dont know what it is. They are doing more extensive blood tests to try and figure it out. I am just filled with anxiety about all of this.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Sorry I just need a place to vent and get some stuff off of my chest. My daughter is in the hospital and I'm freaking out. Shes only 2 so she cant really say hows shes feeling. She has had a fever for over a week now. She was diagnosed with Strep earlier in the week and been on antibiotics since then. They havent helped, in fact she has lost more of her little appetite. The doctors ran blood work when we took her to the ER yesterday. They said it is in fact not strep. They dont know what it is. They are doing more extensive blood tests to try and figure it out. I am just filled with anxiety about all of this.
So very sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope they find out what it is and patch her up!

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Similar thing happened to me when I was a bit older than your daughter, after misdiagnosing me for several months they finally realized I had mono; it was so advanced at that point it nearly killed me.

I hope they figure it out soon for your daughter.

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
Its scary man i know, been there myself. Shes in the very best place she could be so. Like Vavrik says just keep her distracted, kids bounce back so quick from being ill she will be fine in not time im sure but its not nice seeing them like that.

My son was diagnosed yesterday with tonsillitis and he was all lethargic when i got home, luckily they knew straight away what it was.

Keep venting man if you need it!
She will be better soon 👍

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Vent all you need brother. I can empathize when it comes to having a child in the hospital. My wife and I lived through a terrifying time with our son. If you ever need to chat to someone who's been there, feel free to drop a line.

I pray your little girl is diagnosed, treated, and recovers quickly and completely.

Kiladyn

Vice Admiral
Dec 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Kiladyn
Got an update. Apparently there was strep but also 2 others viruses there. They have given her an IV of stuff and shes on antibiotics. They said there will most likely be fever for the next few days. They sent her home but said to bring her back if she gets worse or still has a fever by Wednesday. Thank you for letting me vent and all the support.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Got an update. Apparently there was strep but also 2 others viruses there. They have given her an IV of stuff and shes on antibiotics. They said there will most likely be fever for the next few days. They sent her home but said to bring her back if she gets worse or still has a fever by Wednesday. Thank you for letting me vent and all the support.
I'm so sorry to hear that your family is going through this, but I'm really happy to hear they've diagnosed the issues and are treating your little lady.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
No worries about needing to vent @Kiladyn , especially with something this stressful. Most of us that are active here seem to be like a wacky band of friends & family to some degree. We all face difficult times in life, so the more people you have giving you support 1 way or another helps get through those times.

Forgot your password?