Update on server meshing

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
first!

I am excite

that said, has CIG ever issued a first version of a major technology without following it with a from-the-ground-up total rewrite?

we could get server meshing 1.0 and still be in Alpha for a loong time ..

Last edited:

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Glorious leader has caught CIG redhandedly trying to inform the backers of progress being made on some of the most difficult programming going into Star Citizen.

How DARE they work on the project that I keep paying money to help fund. What are the haters going to cry about if they run out of distance to move the goalpost to?!?

Will my Star Citizen hatred feed shrivel down to the size of a grape? What am I to laugh at while I eat my concierge lightly buttered popcorn?!?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Glorious leader has caught CIG redhandedly trying to inform the backers of progress being made on some of the most difficult programming going into Star Citizen.

How DARE they work on the project that I keep paying money to help fund. What are the haters going to cry about if they run out of distance to move the goalpost to?!?

Will my Star Citizen hatred feed shrivel down to the size of a grape? What am I to laugh at while I eat my concierge lightly buttered popcorn?!?
I dunno, can't a backer keep an honest scam going without it turning into a major international tech project that will literally redefine the bounds of what is possible?

Why does this keep on happening?!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
What are the haters going to cry about if they run out of distance to move the goalpost to?!?
Kinda off topic, but I saw a post on a certain subreddit going absolutely bonkers over that weapon sight they made on a recent video. You know, the one they spent only 35 minutes building and then jokingly made oversized just to show they could?

Sometimes I love going to hate forums just to see what people will focus on. If they had just watched the video they'd know it was tongue in cheek, but they'll rant based on a screenshot.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Kinda off topic, but I saw a post on a certain subreddit going absolutely bonkers over that weapon sight they made on a recent video. You know, the one they spent only 35 minutes building and then jokingly made oversized just to show they could?

Sometimes I love going to hate forums just to see what people will focus on. If they had just watched the video they'd know it was tongue in cheek, but they'll rant based on a screenshot.
Its weird that people who do not care for Star Citizen still spend so much energy hating it.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Its weird that people who do not care for Star Citizen still spend so much energy hating it.
They are the unknowing workers toiling in the Salt Mines! Dig faster, little workers! Faster! Dig yourself a hole so deep we will quote your posts for years! 90 Days Tops!

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Kinda have to wonder at what point the people hating on stuff have stopped scraping the bottom of the barrel and instead starting digging straight through the barrel
Let's hope they dig throught it quickly and fall off so we'll finally stop having those kind of "tech articles"... at least on SC...

Reactions: Blind Owl

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Kinda have to wonder at what point the people hating on stuff have stopped scraping the bottom of the barrel and instead starting digging straight through the barrel
It'll never end, man. They repost quotes from 2013 still. I get there's reason for doubts about SC, but they take it to a whole new level of obsession.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I am glad they are continuing work on server meshing and I hope it goes well.

There are still a lot of things that need to happen, but it seems that they are starting to get momentum on deliverables other than ships.

new topic, but I wonder what the ship for 3.13 will be (if not the new cyclone)

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Well, not really an update, more of a "what the hell is going on because we are all getting restless and need some news!"

View attachment 20501
Know a guy who can help them with the "meshing", he's had extensive experience and used to work in Antarctica.

NorrisThing.png

• Glorious

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
First implementation should be individual servers taking care of each area in Stanton, such as a single moon or whatever. Hopefully that'll help with the server instability and we'll play a bit better. Although it is a bit annoying it's taken this long.

Forgot your password?