Upgrade a 600i into a Carrack?

mindfart

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
mindfart
Carrack seems to be a 'better' exploration ship because it mostly has large components where the 600i has medium ones. Looking at weapons though I think the 600i can defend itself better if you're soloing it (cause the carrack only has turrets)

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
TBH if you already have an 890J for luxury booze cruising then a 600i, even the exploration variant, seems a bit redundant. Carrack has less gloss and glamour, but has a lot more tools at its disposal to be a better explorer.

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
to my knowledge the 600i does not have a decent medical bay and a machine shop. these 2 things are pretty crucial for serious deep space exploration. Also the 600i has medium components verses the large in the carrak. Overall these alone make the carrak a better ship for the deep verse. you can have your luxury but i will take functionality any day.
I almost forgot, the carrak now has the globe ( again).

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
No point keeping the 600s if you got the 890 imo.
If you want both, I have a $0 ccu crucible to carrack that you can have putting the total cost of the Carrack to $345 or lower (if there's another warbond ship coming).
Didn't the 0 dollar CCUs get abolished from all accounts some time ago?

Reactions: Bambooza

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
Didn't the 0 dollar CCUs get abolished from all accounts some time ago?
Well they kind of screwed up. In my case anyways. They should have removed the ccu's that I paid nothing for, instead they removed the ones where the 2 ships involved had the current equal price. So all my redeemers-->merchantman and crucible/endeavor/hull D-->carrack/reclaimer was intact.

Edit: mind you I didn't aquire any of these myself, there were hundreds of them from Gucci's account that I bought last year.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
What would you do?

I have the 890J for luxury.

The 600 as an explorer vs the Carrack?

The tough question here is what advantage in exploration will the Carrack have over the 600?

I guess I would have to see what the 600i offers, in their description it says cutting edge modular technology, utility hardpoints etc... if they can do something with this and add more versatility it may be worth it but as it stands now Carrack > 600i all day long.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Well they kind of screwed up. In my case anyways. They should have removed the ccu's that I paid nothing for, instead they removed the ones where the 2 ships involved had the current equal price. So all my redeemers-->merchantman and crucible/endeavor/hull D-->carrack/reclaimer was intact.

Edit: mind you I didn't aquire any of these myself, there were hundreds of them from Gucci's account that I bought last year.
Wow. That's insane. Good on you. That makes for some cheap upgrades!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
the 600i does not have a decent medical bay and a machine shop. these 2 things are pretty crucial for serious deep space exploration.
Hmm, good point on the med bay.

I guess its your respawn point, something the 600 does not have.

Sayora

Grand Admiral
Donor
Oct 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Sayora
Pros: Hanger Bay, Pisces, Medical Bay, Repair and Refuel, Drones, 2 Large Shields, Large QT, 456 SCU Cargo
Cons: No pilot controlled weapons, needs bigger jump point for whole ship, prolly slower and less maneuverable, not as pretty

Forgot your password?