Upgrade a 600i into a Carrack?

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Exactly.
Although, the 600i will have a dedicated Exploration equiped Rover.
Therefore, get BOTH like I did.

Thank you for your Pledge(s).
The carrack has the Ursa Rover and the Pisces. The 600i only gets the origin rover. All around the Carrack just stomps the 600i sadly if 600i actually could compete id keep it but it cant at all. Other good thing is i had my 10% coupon for this year so i got 50 usd off the UEE exploration package on top of that.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I toyed with the 600i briefly but sadly it really offers nothing more for the explorer, other than a large bed and bar? Sadly the 600i is not great, if it was me I would melt and use the opportunity to get the carrack via a pisces LTI, if I didn't want to get the exploration package.

So far all I can think of is the 600i has some pilot controlled guns whilst the carrack does not....

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Owl

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I toyed with the 600i briefly but sadly it really offers nothing more for the explorer, other than a large bed and bar? Sadly the 600i is not great, if it was me I would melt and use the opportunity to get the carrack via a pisces LTI, if I didn't want to get the exploration package.
the exploration pack is hard not to get for 195 usd more you get 4 other ships(not adding the pisces snd ursa), sq42 and sc downloads not to mention you can use your credits

MurderingPsycho

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 10, 2018
RSI Handle
Zombie_Bait
montoya, get the exploration pack its much much much more worth it. get it before it gets knocked up in price though.
Agreed, I did this when I saw the Carrack price going up. Sold my Carrack, and cyclone and will be upgrading the freelancer and dragonfly to ships I already have. Basically gets me a terrapin for a really low price, or free if this package is still 695 in a few weeks when I get my subscriber coupon.

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
If you decide to go for the Carrack without the explorer pack let me know, you can save some credits.
Melt the 600i, buy a $20 Aurora with cash, upgrade the Aurora to a Gemini using your melted credits, then you can exchange that with me for a Carrack. I would just melt the Gemini for credits.

I'm still short a lot of credits for my upgrades and so doesn't matter to me. But you should let me know soon before I start spamming my visa to wrap up my upgrades. Also note that this would only work in your favor if the melt value of the 600i is over $350.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I should add that the 600 is my game package, so no melting it. Just straight upgrade is what Im looking at.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Pros: Hanger Bay, Pisces, Medical Bay, Repair and Refuel, Drones, 2 Large Shields, Large QT, 456 SCU Cargo
Cons: No pilot controlled weapons, needs bigger jump point for whole ship, prolly slower and less maneuverable, not as pretty

This is really the list of pro's and con's. And if you wanted a smaller more maneuverable ship that can still carry a rover or bikes then the Constellation Aquila is a better ship then the 600. The only thing the 600 has going for it is the poorly layed out RP bar and social area, the amazing view from the pilot seat and the overall outside ship design.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
A real ship would have pilot controlled S5 weapons on it.

How the hell are you supposed to explore the unknown without a guns at your controls?
The exploration pack at 695 is a game package to has carrack, terrapin, crclone rn, freelancer dur, and dragonfly black all with lti sq42 and sc pu

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
The exploration pack at 695 is a game package to has carrack, terrapin, crclone rn, freelancer dur, and dragonfly black all with lti sq42 and sc pu
Its a good deal, but my game package is the Original backer one, with all that original backer stuff. Cant melt that!

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Its a good deal, but my game package is the Original backer one, with all that original backer stuff. Cant melt that!
Oh i see what extra's does that one have? i'm just curious never knew there was something special about the original one. I was a bit butt hurt of losing my origin racing suit but i'll survive. Maybe if i ask nice enough concierge will help me with that they are usually very helpful.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I wouldn't count the 600i out just yet as I said earlier in the ship description

"Let the voyage begin with the 2947 600i from Origin Jumpworks. This multi-role luxury vessel from Origin Jumpworks features an exquisitely detailed hull design that balances performance and versatility in a sleek and timeless form. The 600i is designed with a cutting-edge modular technology, allowing you to customize your ship for your needs. Looking to stamp your name in history with the discovery of a new star system? The 600i's Explorer module swaps the lounge for a robust scanning station as well as additional utility hardpoints to increase the ship's effectiveness even more."

I think there is room here for improvements and additional modules, it should be more agile and faster, I think there is no question for longer deeper missions the Carrack is the beast, but I also feel the two ships aren't really in the same size category even though it says their both large ships everything else when you look at them says otherwise to me the 600i is closer to a medium size ship, again depending on the modules, hardpoints and customizable options that it sounds like this may have in the future its hard to tell. As of right now its hard to compare the two for sure, I mean the Carrack is a large ship with all of its core modules large where as almost all of the 600i modules are medium and it only holds 40 to the Carracks 1000. They even list the Mercury Star Runner which has a 96 cargo as medium size ship which is a hell of a lot smaller than the 600i so I think when we start classifying ships based on size alone its not a fair comparison what they are at their core and I also think this is why so many people felt the 600i was overpriced because of what you got compared to other ships in the same price bracket.

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
The 600s have S3 components (Large) except the jumpdrive. I would consider it a large ship. You are paying for luxury tax is why it is over priced.

I would be safe and pick-up a ccu in case the Carrack gets another price bump when flight ready. After flight ready you can play with the Carrack all you want and make your decision then.

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
A real ship would have pilot controlled S5 weapons on it.

How the hell are you supposed to explore the unknown without guns at your controls?
Lets keep this simple. the carrack looks more like a bottle opener for test beer.

Last edited:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
The 600i's Explorer module swaps the lounge for a robust scanning station as well as additional utility hardpoints to increase the ship's effectiveness even more."
That is a good point!

I think I will hold onto it for now.

Forgot your password?