Upgrade Connie to Carrack?

Zone

Captain
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Fatekiller
Title pretty much says it all.

What do you guys think? Im really close in pressing the buy button right now, can someone push me away/over the edge? :rolleyes:

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
As adirian asked also. No, the connie is a very modular system and can fill so many roles with great effeciency. It is literally the iconic jack of all trades. The carrack even with its modular pieces is and always will be a exploration ship.

I have a carrack but thats because i intend on getting a connie at some point. I am just not sure what i want... waiting on the final revision to come out.

Reactions: Shiwaz and Zone

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
Depends what you want to do in the verse, and your personal funds.

If exploration is your thing, then the Carrack is the ultimate ship.
If your not sure, then Connie is the way to go.

Reactions: Shiwaz and Zone

Zone

Captain
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Fatekiller
Yeah i know what you mean, but i really just like the style and the sheer size difference of the Carrack. The Carrack probably will get a rework at some point like the conni i imagine? Too bad the carrack probably isent going to be hangar ready for 2.0.

Esq

Space Marshal
Jan 30, 2015
RSI Handle
Esq
When Anvil Carrack is hangar ready there will be a sale for it. If you don't know what to do now you can upgrade it later when there is more information available.

War Pig

Space Marshal
Dec 11, 2014
RSI Handle
ShinzoAnnigans
I wish I had Carrack or Endeavor cash, but the Connie, Tali & modules, Star G, Reliant, and Herald are too good for me to melt. I'll just earn them in-game.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
I got the carrack ship upgrade. With that I can either apply it later and have my carrack or sell it and keep my conie.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Carrack is top of the line military explorer vessel, that has just recently been made available to the civilians. At the very least the interior looks more high tech.

Connie is basically a working horse just like the Hulls.
Everyone has Connies.

If you really like the connie, at least upgrade it to Phoenix next week.

And if you are more interested into Exploration and nothing much else, convert to Carrack.
There is no better explorer (including the Endeavor with all its modules).

Reactions: Zone

Zone

Captain
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Fatekiller
Carrack is top of the line military explorer vessel, that has just recently been made available to the civilians. At the very least the interior looks more high tech.

Connie is basically a working horse just like the Hulls.
Everyone has Connies.

If you really like the connie, at least upgrade it to Phoenix next week.

And if you are more interested into Exploration and nothing much else, convert to Carrack.
There is no better explorer (including the Endeavor with all its modules).
I was actually thinking of upgrading to the phoenix, but ill see what ill do when all the sales have passed. I melted my andromeda package and bought the LTI Merlin which i then upgraded to an LTI Carrack. Really just want a big ship, and the Phoenix just makes me want the 890 again :(

Only concern i have with this game now anyways is how long its gonna take to get a ship like the carrack ingame. I hope i get to enjoy it for some time before ''everyone'' has one.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
In Carrack you can earn for Phoenix faster than you can earn the Carrack if you have Phoenix. :D
But if you like to roll in style, by all means, get the Phoenix.

For class and style, I am waiting for 890 Jump.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
Title pretty much says it all.

What do you guys think? Im really close in pressing the buy button right now, can someone push me away/over the edge? :rolleyes:
YES YES YES ! Buy the CCU no, and wait on it until the Carrack is in game too.

Zone

Captain
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Fatekiller
W
In Carrack you can earn for Phoenix faster than you can earn the Carrack if you have Phoenix. :D
But if you like to roll in style, by all means, get the Phoenix.

For class and style, I am waiting for 890 Jump.
Im planning on using my Carrack as my starter ship, or 890 if it goes on sale agian. Is this a dumb idea?

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Well if you intend to solo the verse it might be.

These are big ships and you will either have to rent crew or get into an org where there are a lot of people with small ships wanting to be your crew.

I am in the same boat as you.

All I have are large ships.
I hope CIG makes the required systems so we can solo.

Last edited:

Schattenjagger

Captain
Donor
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Schattenjagger
Funny thing is that I am on the flip side. I am debating on melting my Carrack and going for a Connie. I have been wrestling with this for some time. On one had the Carrack is a massive ship with everything needed for deep exploration, (providing I can get a crew) but on the other hand, that is all it is used for. Maybe with the redesign there will be more modularity with the Carrack. Only time will tell.

Reactions: Shiwaz

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Carrack is a much better money maker and overall a more advanced ship.

In the PTU you get to drive Andromeda as a replacement. You can look at it as much as you like for hours on end. You can drive it and test it all you want just as those who purchased it.
For months and months,.. I bet you will be quickly sick of it and will long for the Carrack.

I say you keep it.

Zone

Captain
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Fatekiller
Carrack is a much better money maker and overall a more advanced ship.

In the PTU you get to drive Andromeda as a replacement. You can look at it as much as you like for hours on end. You can drive it and test it all you want just as those who purchased it.
For months and months,.. I bet you will be quickly sick of it and will long for the Carrack.

I say you keep it.
I hear other people say this as well about people that own bigger ships that isent available will get connies as a loaner. Is there any offical word on this that i missed? If there is any thread about this do you perhaps want to link it to me? :)

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
yes there is but i dont remember where its at. They have said at a couple points tho that if you have a larger ship than the coni and Retaliator that you will get one of them as a loaner untill your ship is available in mini PU

Forgot your password?