Upgrade Connie to Carrack?

SlowFuse

Space Marshal
Oct 13, 2015
RSI Handle
SlowFuseGaming
My fear with the Carrack came down to hardpoint locations and all those blindspots. For a big ship to be that under-gunned was worrisome, so I chose a Connie. Can always earn that cash back to a big ship later on in the verse anyhow.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
It is in the latest (and previous) REVERSE THE VERSE if you (for some reason) do not watch that friday twitch show.
And in the forums and in ATV.

I also feel the lack of reason to waste my time digging through the vids to show you exact minute and second when they say it. But it has been confirmed by Ben on many occasions.

Anyone owning big ships will get Andromeda as a replacement to test in the PU 2.0.
(not in the hangar mind you, but oyu can select it from the menu when you go out flying)

Zone

Captain
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Fatekiller
It is in the latest (and previous) REVERSE THE VERSE if you (for some reason) do not watch that friday twitch show.
And in the forums and in ATV.

I also feel the lack of reason to waste my time digging through the vids to show you exact minute and second when they say it. But it has been confirmed by Ben on many occasions.

Anyone owning big ships will get Andromeda as a replacement to test in the PU 2.0.
(not in the hangar mind you, but oyu can select it from the menu when you go out flying)
By all means i did not mean to be selfish, i just wondered. I watch Around The Verse, not so much Reverse!

Thank you so much :)

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
I watched the last one again (skiped some parts) but could not find it.
Then I watched anniversary stream and could not find it,.. then I watched previous friday one and still could not find it.

I know Ben said it several times in the past.
100% sure it was at least in Reverse the Verse: Episode 68, but there was more times after that.

Reactions: Zone

Crawley

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Crawley
Yeah i know what you mean, but i really just like the style and the sheer size difference of the Carrack. The Carrack probably will get a rework at some point like the conni i imagine? Too bad the carrack probably isent going to be hangar ready for 2.0.
Carrack hasn't even been started yet. It won't get a revision pass because it'll be made to the standard the Tali and Andromeda have set. The Connie was outsourced and it wasn't up to standard when they got it back, so I doubt they'll be outsourcing ships again unless there is careful oversight. In the end I think that means ships will take a little bit longer, but the quality will be the fidelity we see now in 2.0. In a recent video about the Andromeda update, one of the artists said that they cut the polygon count almost in half while potentially doubling the quality.

Also, I saw that you bought it, OP, and I say good choice! It's out of my price range, but I seriously considered not paying rent this month...

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
....one of the artists said that they cut the polygon count almost in half while potentially doubling the quality.
Amm, potentially?

They DID double the quality if not quadruple it, compared to the old model.

Crawley

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Crawley
Amm, potentially?

They DID double the quality if not quadruple it, compared to the old model.
I agree completely! The attempt was to remain neutral on a potentially subjective matter, but I shelled out for a Connie almost the moment I saw how damn good it looks now.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
I think as time goes by, ships will look better and better.

I just hope they work on Merchantman last. :D
I want it to look otherworldly.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I think as time goes by, ships will look better and better.

I just hope they work on Merchantman last. :D
I want it to look otherworldly.
I kinda agree, but I also kinda want my MM now.

Tameron

Space Marshal
Jan 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Tameron
I've been lusting after the Carrack for awhile, so Monday I upgraded my Connie Andromeda and was pleased as all hell. That night I checked my email and sure enough, I got the invite to test 2.0. Now I'm in the PTU with no multi-crew ship to fly :P

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Say what?

You upgraded to Carack and do not have a Connie to play?
Issue council, bug report asap.

Forgot your password?