V-Day Sale - Love is in the Air and Space!

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
You know what would be a perfect love note from CIG? "XOXO, Here's 3.0"

Shun these sales, my brothers and sisters. We need to stop making CIG money until they give us more content, lest they get too comfortable in the premium JPEG business (which 2016 clearly illustrates they are headed toward). Resist the urge, keep your wallets sealed. Stay strong.[/QI have to agree with you on this Han. The marketing team needs to take a vacation so the dev's can get caught up. The only thing that patch 2.6.1b... has shown improvement on, to me, is the damn epi pen is no longer hanging from my wrist. Sabre still rotates during EVA. Lag is still getting me killed during ICC missions And more....

Dygon

Space Marshal
Feb 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Dygon
Can you use a super hornet for exploration actually? I've got a 315 explorer at the moment, but sometimes I feel like the fire power might be lacking... something you wouldn't want when you're out there all alone.

Plagueis

Admiral
Dec 3, 2016
RSI Handle
xPlagueisx
Yeah, but I think its not for exploring deep space but more for *tracking* other/enemy ships.
Not what it says in the description. Tracker boasts an advanced radar suite making it ideal for deep-space explorers who require depth and accuracy in their scan packages. And you can also change the load out of the tracker as it states Also repurpose Trackers to act as mobile C&C ships for their squadrons.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I wish them well with the sale but I am firmly in the I have spent enough and the game needs to deliver. I have never spent this much on a game ever and am pretty sure I never will again.

The way they allow ship upgrades has to me always been well thought out way of making money, but I do hope for variety at least that we do not all end up in the same expensive ships because they are the best.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Not what it says in the description. Tracker boasts an advanced radar suite making it ideal for deep-space explorers who require depth and accuracy in their scan packages. And you can also change the load out of the tracker as it states Also repurpose Trackers to act as mobile C&C ships for their squadrons.
I can't really follow that description - at least afaik the Hornet R has no bed for such long-term-trips. And where would be the purpose of a 315P or a DUR? But alas we will see when the game finally will be released. Perhaps we are all wrong and you can do all the exploring stuff with the LX, and we can kiss all our expensive Aquilas and Carracks kiss goodbye because they are good for nothing.

Dygon

Space Marshal
Feb 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Dygon
I can't really follow that description - at least afaik the Hornet R has no bed for such long-term-trips. And where would be the purpose of a 315P or a DUR? But alas we will see when the game finally will be released. Perhaps we are all wrong and you can do all the exploring stuff with the LX, and we can kiss all our expensive Aquilas and Carracks kiss goodbye because they are good for nothing.
I don't know, honestly, buying a ship is as much an emotional decision as it is logical. I know I bought my 315P because I thought it was beautiful, just as much as it's functional.
I really love the ship design in SC though. I'm really enjoying Elite Dangerous at the moment, but I just can't seem to fall in love with any of the ships. At the moment I've got the Diamondback scout, which I feel has the most personality of any ship in Elite Dangerous...

Uruwashii

Vice Admiral
Jan 24, 2016
RSI Handle
Uruwashii
Smaller ships will not be able to carry as much food, water and O2 as the larger ones. This will make it much more difficult to do deep exploration on your own.

Forgot your password?