Vangaurd BUKs

MammonLord

The Gatekeeper
May 10, 2014
RSI Handle
mammon
I am too lazy to find the reference for you but I'm pretty sure the last we heard was Ben Lesnick say that BUK owners would just get all of the constituent parts added to their accounts. Obviously that's several years old.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Actually BUK will be replaced by something else : Combo Packs. They will drop the BUK system in lieu of those packs. Owners of BUKs will receive packs instead. So far not much more info since the 2 originals Q&A about BUKs and the article about Combo Packs.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Cromwell

Admiral
May 11, 2020
RSI Handle
Cromwell_Whitt
Never, they were abandoned.

Also, we can tell its you thats posting, your user name is next to the post.
Atp, are you responding to me with regard to the closing that I use in my post? I understand that my posts or replys is linked to my user name next to the post. I use this style because I am old and I still prefer some of the traditional letter writing manners. I know it's unnecessary and might be considered a waste of time but I still do it.

I sounds like you don't believe modularity will be implemented. Do you feel the same for the Retaliator modules? Cromwell

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Owl

Cromwell

Admiral
May 11, 2020
RSI Handle
Cromwell_Whitt
Here I really dont question if modularity will be implemented since there are quite a few ships relying on this feature : vanguard, retaliator, javelin, caterpillar, carrack, apollo, endeavor, MPUVs... It is just a matter of when.
Vahadar, I agree. ATPBX seemed to be suggesting that he thought the utility of the BUKs were dead. Maybe he meant the BUKs in name are dead because they had moved to a pack of components concept - not sure. I like the module concept and have signed-on for the Retaliator and the Vanguard modules. Cromwell

Reactions: vahadar

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Anyone have insight regarding when the BUKs and module implementation might make it in? Cromwell
The tech to do it is not in game yet. It is a component in component issue, primarily.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
Vahadar, I agree. ATPBX seemed to be suggesting that he thought the utility of the BUKs were dead. Maybe he meant the BUKs in name are dead because they had moved to a pack of components concept - not sure. I like the module concept and have signed-on for the Retaliator and the Vanguard modules. Cromwell

The BUKs have been abandoned, you can go to the CIG website and read their in depth reasoning about ship categories, modularity, variants, why BUKs have discontinued etc.

Here you go, I have typed the relevant question into google for you and linked to the first result:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16205-The-Shipyard-Variants-And-Modules

Last edited:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
The BUKs have been abandoned, you can go to the CIG website and read their in depth reasoning about ship categories, modularity, variants, why BUKs have discontinued etc.

Here you go, I have typed the relevant question into google for you and linked to the first result:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16205-The-Shipyard-Variants-And-Modules
that is the same link as @vahadar posted up there

Actually BUK will be replaced by something else : Combo Packs. They will drop the BUK system in lieu of those packs. Owners of BUKs will receive packs instead. So far not much more info since the 2 originals Q&A about BUKs and the article about Combo Packs.

Yeap, BUKs are replaced by a combo pack containing: weapons, turret and module.

• For each BUK owned this will be converted into a combo pack of the relevant Module (to fit the center room) and the relevant items (nose, turret etc) to go with that system.
  • No more BUK’s will be offered going forward, only these combo packs.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale

BUK's have not been abandoned. The nomenclature has been changed and it is no longer a one click install but they very much still exist and are waiting on tech to implement.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
BUK's have not been abandoned. The nomenclature has been changed and it is no longer a one click install but they very much still exist and are waiting on tech to implement.
They have, as per the ship yard post, they were one shot conversions that did not change the appearance of the ship, but added hardpoints and additional equipment as required.

Now they are equipment bundles that dont add hardpoints (outside of the Harbinger torpedo launcher) and you have to switch each item out individuall.

You are one for arguing against the actual facts of the matter, you do it here, you do it in spectrum, its quite annoying.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
And the difference is what, exactly?

It is the same thing, only the nomenclature is different and that it isn't a one click change.

As I already said.

It is not one shot, you can swap it back and forth, both before and what is the combination kit now.

The only Vanguard with different hardpoints is the Harbinger with its triple torp mount and it is keeping that difference.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?