Vanguard is a beast of a tank

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
Good to know there is a ship out there for everyone's own personal style 🙂

I take it one side of your ships weapons were knocked offline (as in one side pair of guns of the Freelancer were taken off) leaving 2x s3's to equal the one s4 and 2x s2's for it to be the same? Were you running a stock loadout or the Meta Scatter-Guns which are decimating the field right now?
I never change the default loadouts on any of my ships, during any activity.

Not a single component or gun.

Its always the left hand side guns that get knocked off a freelancer first, along with the right thruster.

I watch people on twitch messing around switching out guns and shields, and in most cases it makes the ships worse.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Its always the left hand side guns that get knocked off a freelancer first, along with the right thruster.

I watch people on twitch messing around switching out guns and shields, and in most cases it makes the ships worse.
Thanks for your experience, whats the stock on the FL at the moment?

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666

Second that to.. only time I change gun would be for testing reason during PTU ... part from that it's just waste of time.. if you can't use default, different guns wont change that or make you better.

CHEERS! 🍻

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Second that to.. only time I change gun would be for testing reason during PTU ... part from that it's just waste of time.. if you can't use default, different guns wont change that or make you better.

CHEERS! 🍻
Since they are now covered by the ship's insurance, I pull the Revenant from the warden, put it on my Avenger Titan, pull the GT 220 from the Gladius and put it and the nose GT220 on the Titan's wings.
I use the Titan to play courier for a couple of hours, the put a CF-557 and the new laser repeaters on the Warden. Then decide how to arm the Gladius.

Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Since they are now covered by the ship's insurance, I pull the Revenant from the warden, put it on my Avenger Titan, pull the GT 220 from the Gladius and put it and the nose GT220 on the Titan's wings.
I use the Titan to play courier for a couple of hours, the put a CF-557 and the new laser repeaters on the Warden. Then decide how to arm the Gladius.
Yeah that I do some time switch between ship to get some variation, I mean it don't hurt to try another if you reached the end of what one gun can do .

🍻

Reactions: Blind Owl

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Omnisky IXs on the Max, GT220s on the MIS, Attrition 3s on the DUR.

I dont know about the standard Freelancer.
Thanks, woah I didn't realise the freelancers came with such cool stuff :) I must admit I've overlooked this and the Cutlass already having a Connie Taurus.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I never change the default loadouts on any of my ships, during any activity. . .

Just because people can do it wrong doesn't mean it can't be done right. SC is predicated on the notion that ship customization will make fantastic differences in various kinds of performance, and it really does. There is no one size fits all solution, and should not be, but there are various principles that when applied to specific situations will indeed give you huge advantages. Stealth is a great example. Ballistics shooting through shields is another.

Players often get enguaged in dogfights say between an Arrow with all energty weapons, and a Vanguard with powerful shields, and the Arrow can't mange at all, becasue it can't get thorugh the shields. Then the Arrow pilot swaps in ballistsics and the Vanguard dies. There have been many instances of players complaining here in this forum, that they could not get through Vanguard shields (especially back when Warden's had more shields) only to swap out components and find that was the problem.

The components ALWAYS make a difference.

Forgot your password?