Verrrrry Interesting.

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
Sounds like good stuff. I had been curious about whether the penalty for unprovoked pvp would be served in real time or game time. wouldn't make much sense if you could blow up a player just because you felt like it and log off if you got caught til you could play again. I have to imagine breaking someone out would earn you a crime stat too. In the unlikely event that I purposefully pvp I would probably be interested in the deputy system if that ends up coming to fruition.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I don't understand enough what the benefits are to the bounty hunter for a live capture.

Need to know. Looks to me like much larger bounties, but who knows?

Otherwise, sounds frigging awesome!

Reactions: Chip Hazzard

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Sounds like good stuff. I had been curious about whether the penalty for unprovoked pvp would be served in real time or game time. wouldn't make much sense if you could blow up a player just because you felt like it and log off if you got caught til you could play again. I have to imagine breaking someone out would earn you a crime stat too. In the unlikely event that I purposefully pvp I would probably be interested in the deputy system if that ends up coming to fruition.
They confirmed at citizencon it will be in game time so you can't just log off go down the pub and come back to being all good again. No no no.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Hmm... what do you guys think would be good length for sentences?
I'm thinking the shortest would be 15 minutes, I feel like anything shorter would be just a fine. Could be the minimum sentence is longer, but I doubt it would be shorter.

As for the max sentences, well, thinking about the escape gameplay, you first might need to gear up a bit, you'd need to organize a getaway vehicle, the driver of that getaway vehicle might be 5-15 minutes QT away. Escaping could, realistically, take 30 to 60 minutes, you wouldn't do it for a 60 minute sentence, and even after the escape you then need to QT to GrimHex or something, get that hacking chip, then QT to Kareah and get those crimes removed. So even 120 min sentence you might rather consider good behavior, paying to shorten it, etc. If you'd get like 50% off by paying / good behavior, well, you definitely wouldn't be going through all that trouble to escape for 120 min sentence, unless you just want to try escape gameplay / do it because you're such a HC criminal. So the max, if there even is a max, would be several hours at least.

Could be it would make more sense to just not have an upper limit on sentences, and use the US style "We'll just drown you on this list of charges against you" type of sentencing, so every time a pirate robs a ship, they can decide whether they want to just grab the cargo for a less severe offense, GTSS (Grand Theft Space Ship) for a more major one, or do all that and then slaughter everyone inside for fun for a lengthy list of major offenses.

Last edited:

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
Hmm... what do you guys think would be good length for sentences?
I'm thinking the shortest would be 15 minutes, I feel like anything shorter would be just a fine. Could be the minimum sentence is longer, but I doubt it would be shorter.

As for the max sentences, well, thinking about the escape gameplay, you first might need to gear up a bit, you'd need to organize a getaway vehicle, the driver of that getaway vehicle might be 5-15 minutes QT away. Escaping could, realistically, take 30 to 60 minutes, you wouldn't do it for a 60 minute sentence, and even after the escape you then need to QT to GrimHex or something, get that hacking chip, then QT to Kareah and get those crimes removed. So even 120 min sentence you might rather consider good behavior, paying to shorten it, etc. If you'd get like 50% off by paying / good behavior, well, you definitely wouldn't be going through all that trouble to escape for 120 min sentence, unless you just want to try escape gameplay / do it because you're such a HC criminal. So the max, if there even is a max, would be several hours at least.

Could be it would make more sense to just not have an upper limit on sentences, and use the US style "We'll just drown you on this list of charges against you" type of sentencing, so every time a pirate robs a ship, they can decide whether they want to just grab the cargo for a less severe offense, GTSS (Grand Theft Space Ship) for a more major one, or do all that and then slaughter everyone inside for fun for a lengthy list of major offenses.
Sentences need to be really harsh, otherwise there is no deterrent, plus as you say, if they arent you can just plug an Xbox controller in, put an elastic band round the left stick and then just go AFK for a couple of hours.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Dammit, now I have to watch another video. Haha. Also, I'll be breaking you out or hacking your crime stats away.
Because reasons.

Thank you. I'll make sure to let you know of the cold beer stash afterwards, as I have a feeling I'll be going to jail often, with armistice zones and NPC's being the only ones who get to shoot.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Thank you. I'll make sure to let you know of the cold beer stash afterwards, as I have a feeling I'll be going to jail often, with armistice zones and NPC's being the only ones who get to shoot.
I gotchu boo. I'll make a living outta getting my peeps outta tight places and situations.

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?