[Video] Anthem needs a loot buff!

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Nice video and I liked the point you made about YouTube and why so many YouTubers post reviews as quickly as they possibly can. It's what I consider a deficiency in the algorithm that causes a lot of the sensationalism among the various channels and types of content out there.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Nice video and I liked the point you made about YouTube and why so many YouTubers post reviews as quickly as they possibly can. It's what I consider a deficiency in the algorithm that causes a lot of the sensationalism among the various channels and types of content out there.
Add to that the fact that more people are likely to watch a video telling them why a game is crap and justify reasons NOT to buy it.

Reactions: Bambooza

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Add to that the fact that more people are likely to watch a video telling them why a game is crap and justify reasons NOT to buy it.
Similar to news media over the air waves, sensationalism in the form of disaster or anything negative seems to attract more attention than something that's positive. Case in point, the image below...

... almost makes it sound like Anthem is actually "gettng worse" as a game. What's annoying is that this video has been suggested to me multiple times today. Anyway, I need to get off this soap box before it breaks.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Anthem total sales failure?

Interesting they are able to gauge that with no actual sales figures.

However, in Australia it was selling just fine:

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
@Montoya have a look at this. You might find it entertaining.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I've definitely experienced what seems like unbounded RNG.

I think I went like 8 days without seeing my first Legendary drop. (I was playing about 4-6 hours/day)

Now, given the same amount of playing, I average maybe 0.5 Legendaries per day, but sometimes I get 2 in a day and sometimes I go 3-4 days without seeing one.

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
I needed to expand beyond being a Star Citizen shill. I felt with my broad knowledge of shilling that EA could benefit from my experience.
It's important to broaden your shilling horizons. However you make an excellent case.

I just finished a GM1 freeplay, and attained maximum loot (basically the game says you got too much stuff, get out) of all that, only 2 master work items. Both utter crap. I feel very rewarded for my time.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I just ran a Temple of the Scar on GM1, got 4 Masterwork drops. (I have 90 luck from gear)

Then I ran a Heart of Rage on GM1, got 7 Masterwork drops.

Edit: 2nd Heart of Rage on GM1, got 4 Masterwork drops. Was dead on the last boss though when he died, and he dropped a Masterwork that I wasn't able to pick up before the end-of-mission timer ported me out. :(

Not sure if they buffed the loot or if I'm just really lucky after not playing for a couple of days.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?