[Video] Anthem underwhelming?

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
My opinion --> after the "EA Star Wars Battlefront 2 loot box" controversy, it really looks like they (EA) re-thought Anthem and re-designed it by committee, to appeal to the greatest number of people. Blah! that is why it seems generic.

I do think Bioware has their hearts & brains in the right place, but it also depends on how the higher-ups interface with the top brass at EA. Will Bioware take a stand? We shall see...

Reactions: Bambooza and Shiwaz

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Bought mass effect Andromeda. It was but not great..purchased battlefield II. It was horrible. I like the ORIGINAL battlefront II game a lot more. I still play that game on occasion.

I am just so underwhelmed by EA games recently. Anthem does not look to be any different. Shooter with a story. Sorry, might go pull out my copy of ice wind dale and see if I can get it to work...or even go play EverQuest (the original). Maybe it’s nostalga, maybe it’s just me getting old, but the newer games just don’t “do it” for me anymore. Heck, I still prefer Civ V over Civ VI. Heck, I still havn’t gotten the drive to install Battletech that I got during the steam sale.

So...get off my lawn, pull up your pants, get a job, whatever the old man rallying cry is these days is...I think SC might just be my last new game...one last shot at something that will blow my mind.

Reactions: Bambooza

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
Not to sure how I feel about Anthem. Seems like Destiny with Iron Man mechanics. My gut tells me it's a $60 game that I probably would put down quickly and not get my entertainment value but ya never know.

This game is definitely a wait and see for me. Perhaps even a wait for sale game.

Reactions: Shiwaz

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Aint bought an EA game for over 2 years. Probably won't ever buy one again as they are just generic mass produced shite.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Is it just me or... are a lot of games rather underwhelming these days?
I even have a long term concern about Star Citizen.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Now I have finally watched the video: Thank you, Glorious Leader!

I was never interested in Anthem to be fair, so I really can't have a say in this.

I have not been interested in shooters since Halo 2. Halo 1 was incredible. Halo 2 was okay. 3 didn't get my attention and that was it - no more shooters apart from Dredd Vs Death which I admit I enjoyed but I have been invested in that games IP for 19 years now...

Anthem looks pretty but thats all I can say about it because thats all I have seen of it - but then you can have an amazing experience in something like Undertale which didn't involve being licked on the eyeballs. I can appreciate the developers not trying to overhype the game... when a producer is constantly under the spotlight how can they hope to have any surprises these days?

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Cant wait to play this! (as long as there isnt a scene where they sing on some mountain pass jezus christ).
Wont preorder though, will wait for a demo or beta :)

dwbrn2

Captain
May 12, 2018
RSI Handle
commanderconnor
I didn't even know this game was coming out until I saw this. It looks cool, I really only like games that are FPS and 3rd PS, I hopr this has FPS too?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Aint bought an EA game for over 2 years. Probably won't ever buy one again as they are just generic mass produced shite.
Same. EA and their stripped out development houses are like those crack hookers. Sometimes it takes care of the needs but you'll never wash it off.

Reactions: BUTUZ

Joehockey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Apr 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Joehockey
Right now? Hell yes, I'm underwhelmed with Anthem. Having said that, we haven't really seen much of the game. Hell, we haven't even seen as much as a beta would offer so we can't really say whether it's actually underwhelming or just a lack of content for us to view. If we got to see a few cutscenes that gave us an understanding of the story, part of a mission, and some hud/UI/menu then we would be likely much more content right now. I haven't lost faith or even been turned off by anything that I have seen. I just haven't seen anything really. I never really let the hype get too far in the first place because we all know how EA treats their games nowadays. Ideally, we'll see a bit more in the coming weeks or months, along with a beta to help properly provide an idea of this game actually is.

CptFjord

Space Marshal
Feb 21, 2017
RSI Handle
CptFjord
I think it has potential but I am on the fence about it. I am hearing that after Andromeda failed, Anthem will be make or break for Bioware so I hope it doesnt suck.

DoctorProfessor

Space Marshal
Jul 14, 2016
RSI Handle
Doctor_Professor
Signs point to blandness. . . When even trailers and scripted gameplay make it look boring, you know there's little hope, but maybe they can pull it off. Either way I'm no longer buying EA games for a while, at least until they show they can do business in a consumer-friendly manner. Their utter contempt for their player-base is saddening.

Forgot your password?