[Video] Crytek vs CIG - the final filing. Some VR stuff and then COVID-19 update 3/24

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I wish they wouldn't have made movement in Alyx so cumbersome. I feel it would have been better to allow the hat to control movement instead of that weird warping movement they have.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I want to get Alyx, but it seems like a lot of money for a reported 13 hours of game play.
13hrs sounds short for a game, but in VR is a lot.

Ive been doing 1-2hr stretches. Keep in mind you are standing, moving around, bending down to pick stuff up. Its a lot more demanding than pancake mode.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I love pancakes, but they're not good for my diabetes. So I only get to enjoy a couple when the A1C allows. So delicious, especially with real maple syrup.

• Wut
Reactions: Deroth

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza

Ive been doing 1-2hr stretches. Keep in mind you are standing, moving around, bending down to pick stuff up. Its a lot more demanding than pancake mode.
Why do they continue to push games to get me off the couch? Wii started it and now I can't sit there with only my thumbs and fingers moving.

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder

My 100hrs in Skrim VR was fantastic how much better is this? $50 is a lot of money.
Plus to earn $50 now I am risking my life.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Why do they continue to push games to get me off the couch? Wii started it and now I can't sit there with only my thumbs and fingers moving.
I feel old, I've been playing games on the go since the old school portable handheld games which eventually lead to my getting an original Gameboy. Which I was still playing the original versions of Pokemon Red & Blue on as late as 2003.

Reactions: Bambooza

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
I misled you i just checked steam
Skyrim 585 hours
+ Skyrim VR 196 hours.
---------------------------------------
Great Leader, you did not answer the question. Do not become a media type person question dodger. (how much better is this? ) IE alyx compared to Skyrim and is it $50 worth of game. I am one of your scum victims so keep it real. If I buy Alxy that means no test donation next month! I can not do both.
----------------------------------------
I just checked steam
scum 207 hours

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
alyx compared to Skyrim and is it $50 worth of game.
I cant tell you if its worth it to you or not.

For me, I would pay $60 to play the newest Half Life game. I waited a long time to get back into that universe.

If you are not really big into Half Life, I would wait for a sale and get it at half price.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I cant tell you if its worth it to you or not.

For me, I would pay $60 to play the newest Half Life game. I waited a long time to get back into that universe.

If you are not really big into Half Life, I would wait for a sale and get it at half price.
Covid19 =

C = Third letter of the Alphabet
1 = Odd Number
9 = 3 x 3

Halflife 3 confirmed!

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
Has anyone who has played alyx, not followed the plot, can you meander around for 20,30.50 hours or is it an on the rails corridor game,. Sorry to push my point but I want to pay £1 per hour minimum for a game at this point in my employment/pay life.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Has anyone who has played alyx, not followed the plot, can you meander around for 20,30.50 hours or is it an on the rails corridor game,. Sorry to push my point but I want to pay £1 per hour minimum for a game at this point in my employment/pay life.
I would say no.

The game play is linear, you need to get from point A to point B.

Forgot your password?