[Video] Crytek vs Star Citizen, out of court settlement done!

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Ware??? I don't see them in better state now then before with they last game just dumped...

Cryengine was one of the best and most advanced game egine back in the Crysis time, and even Crysis 3 was dam looking good. Problem is CT have let it sink, without developing an interesting game (Crysis 2 and 3 ware not so good as the first one...), and beiing able to support theyr engine properly so that many game company has opted for another engine.
I Amazon have bought it is, my pure speculatiion, to develope a "game developing infrrastructure" based both on AWS and CE, so that small Game company can afford it without warry to much on investin on an actual server infrastructure (investing money in the actual game development) while at the same time allow bigger studio to use a good game engine, with good support, and allow them to scale theyr server infrastructure on-demand.... and all without to warry about hardware renewal etc...

Remeber that Amazon with WAS is one of the two bigger player of the could eviroments along with Microsoft Asure, I'm sure they have plan to expand theyr business outside the simple server on-demand model.
I had thought about them attempting to create a development suite and help developers take advantage of their AWS and Gameworks and or try to court developers to bring content to the Fire tablet.

But with issues like the laying off from their gameworks department

On top of the fact that gameworks is easy to incorporate into Unreal and Unity, there hasn't been a really need or even much movement towards Lumberyard over Unity and Unreal.

Reactions: Deroth
Forgot your password?