[Video] Damage Control: Legatus game package $27000

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I've been surprised at the amount of backlash this package has gotten.

If I had the money I'd buy it. Food is temporary, Star Citizen is eternal.
Why the surprise? Everything CIG does has a small core group of people protesting it all over the internet. Derek Smart may not be tweeting as much, but, his minions are still out there.

The reddit post was even more polarizing (i.e., full of butt hurt) than that. They phrased it as, "There is a new $27,000 ship package, and you have to have already spent $1000 **to even see it**"

Sort of implying that there was some secret show room for the big spenders, and the rest of us peons have to make do with the dirty front room.

Our glorious leader is right, CIG needs to get ahead of the message and tell their story first. That's another Aurora they owe you, @Montoya

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Umm...NO. Wife would KILL me...and no court would convict her.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, my idiot of a late husband spent $27,000 on a game that is not even out yet, and may never be out.

This man was clearly out of his mind, too dumb to live, and I did humanity a favor, cuz if he was that stupid, who knows what other dumb things he might have done...heck, he could have even run for president and then where would this country be? Nope, he needed killin and the world is better off with him dead.

Jury: she’s right, he was too dumb to live. Not guilty on all charges.

Seriously though, Montoya is right about one thing. You have got to get out ahead of these things and manage your message. If you don’t manage you message, someone else is going to manage it for you.

It might just be a sign that you need someone (maybe an outside someone) to come in and provide you with a new perspective and optics on how this might look to the outside world and to current backers.

That said, wasn’t there a similar outcry when the completionist package went up in the Kickstarter?

RiceMaiden

Admiral
Jan 21, 2017
RSI Handle
RiceMaiden
Our glorious leader is right, CIG needs to get ahead of the message and tell their story first. That's another Aurora they owe you, @Montoya
You have got to get out ahead of these things and manage your message. If you don’t manage you message, someone else is going to manage it for you.
I think CIG recognizes that unless some sort of major legal action happens, they are pretty untouchable. They will always have a core fanbase that will keep buying ships and supporting the game.

... which is why I don't think they care when it comes to stuff like this. Let the rabid fanbase fight the bloody internet battle while CIG sits back and rakes in the money. It's not hard to see.... hell even Montoya put out a video supporting them. CIG had to do zero work to make that happen.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Thank you, Glorious Leader!

When I saw the Legatus pack was 27 times more than i'd contributed to this project I opened the window and shouted into the street:

"HOW THE FUCK DO YOU PRONOUNCE LEGATUS!?"

To which a passing old person said:

"How do you spell it?"

To which I said:

"Uh... I-T"

To which they said:

"It's pronounced "Legatus", sonny"

To which I said:

"Ah, "Legatus" many thanks old person."

To which the old person said:

"Now wash your mouth out with soap and water you foul mouthed deviant!"

So I did.

I've lost track...

What are CIG selling again? Soap? SOAP! DELICIOUS SOAP!?

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Thank you, Glorious Leader!

When I saw the Legatus pack was 27 times more than i'd contributed to this project I opened the window and shouted into the street:

"HOW THE FUCK DO YOU PRONOUNCE LEGATUS!?"

To which a passing old person said:

"How do you spell it?"

To which I said:

"Uh... I-T"

To which they said:

"It's pronounced "Legatus", sonny"

To which I said:

"Ah, "Legatus" many thanks old person."

To which the old person said:

"Now wash your mouth out with soap and water you foul mouthed deviant!"

So I did.

I've lost track...

Just don't turn the soap into flakes and try to snort it. I think you've had enough, already! :D

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
IMO they should have done it the way they used to do the Completionist package. It was hidden from everyone, but if you wrote support and told them you wanted to give them $15k, they would enable it for you.

Unsure why they didn't go the same route here. Oh well.

It's a nice package either way.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Gosh, only $5,400 VAT in the UK. (converted to Pounds of course)
Such a deal!

Umm...NO. Wife would KILL me...and no court would convict her.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, my idiot of a late husband spent $27,000 on a game that is not even out yet, and may never be out.

This man was clearly out of his mind, too dumb to live, and I did humanity a favor, cuz if he was that stupid, who knows what other dumb things he might have done...heck, he could have even run for president and then where would this country be? Nope, he needed killin and the world is better off with him dead.

Jury: she’s right, he was too dumb to live. Not guilty on all charges.
This is exactly the way it would play out in my wife's trial as well.

Warbond with LTI? I'll buy five of them for tokens and because, Soap!

It's a nice package either way.
Why thank you. My wife would agree.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?