[Video] - Drake Corsair, and winner of the Ursa rover within

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
My one doubt about Drake ships is the insistence that they have piss weak durability.

The one thing you would count on, on a simplistic, bare bones ship, is there would be lest stuff to get fucked up in a fight, so durability would be right up there, as well as ease of maintenance and reliability.

Hopefully Chris goes and gives everyone in the vehicle pipeline a slap and tells them to stop being so dense.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
My one doubt about Drake ships is the insistence that they have piss weak durability.

The one thing you would count on, on a simplistic, bare bones ship, is there would be lest stuff to get fucked up in a fight, so durability would be right up there, as well as ease of maintenance and reliability.

Hopefully Chris goes and gives everyone in the vehicle pipeline a slap and tells them to stop being so dense.
Two SC manufacturers have more than a few elements of Soviet design philosophy. Function over form. The manufacturers are Drake, which takes a lot of queues from Soviet military helicopters, and Misc which has the entire Freelancer line, and the Starfarer that take even the basic hull shape from Soviet era cargo and ground effect craft.
I remember the airshows in the late '80's, the soviet's brought the Mig 29, and the SU 27 Flanker. Function over form is not a weakness.

Reactions: Radegast74

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74

A lot of what will differentiate the Drake ships from the other higher -end manufacturers hasn't been implemented in the game (like the armor). Currently, what I've seen is that a lot of Drake ships have "Industrial" components which are supposed to be not as powerful as the military components, but less subject to breakdown/need for repair (which again, hasn't been implemented in game yet). Drake parts may be on the lower end of quality for these components (?), but again, it will be a while before that is implemented in game.

Forgot your password?