VIDEO! First look at the Drake Corsair!

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
So we already have the X-wing and the Millennium Falcon. Now we got the Imperial Shuttle. Let's give it few more years and well be cruising around in a death star.

Oh, and I think you missed the elevator that goes to the roof of the ship!!! I mean, how awesome is that? That's a serious design flaw on most ships, now that salvage and repair is coming. But here, you can go fix stuff on the top of the ship no problem, even in gravity.

Last edited:

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Wow I am just thrilled that the doors didn't just sit there while you were moving about(star runner doors are soooo slow). That little feature alone makes the ship very appealing. Thanks for the vehicle tour oh great one...:o7:
After all we have places to go and boxes to loot:like:

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Definitely getting a Corsair.

Should be able to make a CCU chain with at least four warbond CCUs and a starting warbond LTI Hoverquad that should save at least $35, for a $180 total price (plus tax), but some more warbond CCUs at this IAE can likely bring that price down a bit more. I hope it will be possible to make a chain costing about $165 total (plus tax), instead of $215 (plus tax). But I'm sure some of you can do better than that right?

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Should be able to make a CCU chain with at least four warbond CCUs and a starting warbond LTI Hoverquad that should save at least $35, for a $180 total price (plus tax), but some more warbond CCUs at this IAE can likely bring that price down a bit more. I hope it will be possible to make a chain costing about $165 total (plus tax), instead of $215 (plus tax). But I'm sure some of you can do better than that right?
Well, I got this chain from what is currently a $90 melt value Hull B to Razor (+$5) to Constellation Taurus (+$5) to Hurricane (+$5) to Corsair (+$5). So that'd be a $110 Corsair. Bit on the expensive side, as it also has my game package and SQ42. :like:
It won't stay a Corsair though. From there, it's San'tok.yãi (+$5) to Mercury Star Runner (+$5) to Vanguard Harbinger (+$10) to Caterpillar (+$5) to Starfarer Gemini (+$10) to Banu Merchantman (+$10). So a $155 BMM.

Can't really decide whether I want to wait till Hull B comes out (so I get to fly it and maybe fiddle a bit more with the CCU chain. Can't really discount this chain any further tbh, but I might be able to swap the constellation discount to another chain and save some more overall) or just go ahead and apply up to Corsair right now and be happy with the $155 BMM.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
I'm not a fan of Drake (yeah, I know, shun the unbeliever.. ) but this ship is set for the game. It's going to be good at most of the things we have available to do now and in the near future. Think of it as a bigger, more capable, somewhat stodgier Cutlass.

Actual scanning performance remains to be seen, but that caveat applies to all ships.

And oh my, it's IR signature is H U G E. Get used to replacing flares!

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
I'm not a fan of Drake (yeah, I know, shun the unbeliever.. ) but this ship is set for the game. It's going to be good at most of the things we have available to do now and in the near future. Think of it as a bigger, more capable, somewhat stodgier Cutlass.
Aye, with a Corsair in the fleet, I'm increasingly wondering why I need a Cutlass!

And great Corsair video, boss! Thanks!

Forgot your password?