Video: Innocent man gets shot in swatting prank

EmpireRuled

Commander
Oct 16, 2017
RSI Handle
EmpireRuled
Agreed. Your video brings to light a serious issue that used to consist of edge cases, and now is starting to become common, and in this day and age doxxing and swatting (and other online intimidation) can rapidly mushroom into real tragedy. Well done, Montoya. And as for Sandi Gardiner pulling back from social media out of fear - what sort of world do we live in where someone can be made that afraid in an industry defined by the word 'gaming'? She needs an outpouring of support for her decision to go quiet, and she needs to know that we are behind her regardless of how long she stays away from social media. It's okay, Sandi. Good work, Montoya.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
This was a disgusting and horrible event, and I can't believe that DS would try to use this as a weapon against the SC community. What a vile and repugnant action on his part.

I believe your message is 100% correct. We need to stand together as a community and stand up to this bullying, doxxing, and toxic behavior.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
She needs an outpouring of support for her decision to go quiet, and she needs to know that we are behind her regardless of how long she stays away from social media.
Well I would let her know, but she's not on social media any more and she won't, I'm assuming, take emails from people she doesn't know. I don't blame her one bit either. I deleted my FB account a couple of years ago after a person who was a friended by a friend of a friend thingy asked me about a post that my son had made. This person wanted to friend me and I had no idea how they knew of me or who they were. The degrees of separation was just to far to count. That did it for me. And I'm not famous, thank (your favorite Deity).

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
To the best of my knowledge, the shots that TESTies enjoy the most are alcohol based which are taken in celebration of something fun with other like minded individuals. When all of the BS that DS spews is proven to be as such, I hope that he kills himself & is erased from history entirely. Just as trolls like him deserve.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Well I would let her know, but she's not on social media any more and she won't, I'm assuming, take emails from people she doesn't know. I don't blame her one bit either. I deleted my FB account a couple of years ago after a person who was a friended by a friend of a friend thingy asked me about a post that my son had made. This person wanted to friend me and I had no idea how they knew of me or who they were. The degrees of separation was just to far to count. That did it for me. And I'm not famous, thank (your favorite Deity).
Why won't you answer my facebook friend requests?

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
@Montoya , I have enjoyed my time in TEST these past 2 years (in a couple weeks), but this latest video truly made me proud to be a part of the community that YOU are building.

The obvious and earnest emotion behind that video was refreshing in a world full of faux-manufactured outrage - thank you for being both the confident force we lovingly refer to as Glorious Leader of our crazy little corner of the Interwebz, as well an obviously compassionate, intelligent and well-spoken father, husband and all around decent human-being.

Fake-docter Smart and his minions are not fit to schlep your jock-strap and I am hopeful the gamer-community takes up this push to end doxing and swatting as the vile bully tactics they are.

It is unfortunate that this message needed to be said, but it could not have found a better messenger.

Good on ya'.

'Gimp

Last edited:
Forgot your password?