Video of Idris M firing at the surface of Hurston

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Thank you, Glorious Leader!

40km Range?! No where to hide... but enough time to dodge unless you are immobile.

EDIT - Actually, thinking about it, I can just park my fat ass behind an asteroid and let them waste a couple of shots before running away, at 40 miles away they won't be able to tell if they have a clear line of fire on me :-)

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm hoping that as these sorts of bombardments occur, that there will be visual & audible warnings for players thinking about launching from Hurston with a load of cargo, yet calling on combat pilots to assist in defending the place. It would definitely add some new gameplay mechanics in the process.

Reactions: Zookajoe and Vavrik

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino

40km Range?! No where to hide... but enough time to dodge unless you are immobile.

I assume that the insane range is for "orbital bombardment operation" rather then actual ship fight (or eventually to targhet a ship while docked)...
Is an interesting "feature" of this large gun and I thinking how the station and city defense will manage to avoid those attack: right now the turret defense does have a much shorter range and I also expect that even a ship as large as a Idris will be difficult to detect at 40km (even without considering enviromental condition that could stealth it even more), while targeting a station or a city could be done "easily" whitout any proper targeting...

This olso open up some game loop for player that could work as "on field spotter" and direct the attacks by reporting the actual point of impact of the shot: it will be a preatty deadly combination if master correctly.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
You know that the idris fires auroras for slugs right?

It was just firing my aurora lx home as I was late for tea!

Nothing to get overly excited about.

Reactions: Vavrik
Forgot your password?