Video - Pocket Carrier from Anvil: The Liberator

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
@Montoya Are you saying that the British & US Marine Corps hover craft are UGLY?
[singing; "I'm to sexy for Montoya".....] LOL
It is about time that CIG made some space ships that did not all look like WWII fighter aircraft... It is a Space game after all.

It is a smaller version of the Kraken (pocket carrier if you will) and will be VERY USEFUL in the 'Verse.
btw - Thank you for your Pledges!

-> Number 5 is Alive <- How could you forget that robot's name? LOL

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
BTW we are funding one of the org hangar!

Vikk

Commander
Jun 3, 2021
RSI Handle
Vikk
I like it and would have snagged one. But, I got suckered into a Kraken last go around. You could almost get 3 Libs for the price of 1 Kraken. And still require less crew and carry more ships/tanks. Did they say if the Lib will be able to repair/rearm?

Reactions: Vavrik

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
A ship of great utility, indeed.

I'm still wishing they did something else with the Liberator's bridge though.

A more-asymmetrically-featured bridge similar to that below would have really made this ship rock.

tavern_upload_medium.png

Last edited:

Doc Flanigan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Doc_Flanigan
I like it and would have snagged one. But, I got suckered into a Kraken last go around. You could almost get 3 Libs for the price of 1 Kraken. And still require less crew and carry more ships/tanks. Did they say if the Lib will be able to repair/rearm?
I certainly hope that it can repair/rearm. A flying mechanics shop in the verse is very exciting to me!

War Pig

Space Marshal
Dec 11, 2014
RSI Handle
ShinzoAnnigans
Repair / rearm / refuel by hand (GASP!)

Grabbed a standalone. With the 2 man crew and the more practical size, it will be the perfect mobile mining camp or tow truck for a 'Verse chapter of the Fuel Rats

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I would think a Vulcan, StarFarer, or SRV would be better for those roles.

Aegis Vulcan [3440x1440] wallpaper.: starcitizen

ArtStation - Star Citizen - Starfarer, Philip Howlett

The ARGO SRV - Roberts Space Industries | Follow the development of Star  Citizen and Squadron 42

I always saw the Liberator as a means to easily and quickly transport small ships from one area to another sort of like this which is used to transport yachts that can't easily make a trans-Atlantic crossing on their own.

New Yacht Sales — Red Dolphins Marine - Costa Rica Boat Brokerage & Yacht  Sales

I know it took shape langue inspiration from one of these but its role is far greater than what this can accomplish.

Landing Craft Air Cushion - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Reactions: Vavrik

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
On the upside, the Q&A seemingly confirms that small fighters can be spawned by the Liberator. That's likely good confirmation of that feature for larger carriers too.

On the downside, the Liberator is not as flexible for above-deck cargo hauling, larger-than-XS-sized ship landing, or refueling as hoped. Though it makes sense why.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vavrik and Bambooza
Forgot your password?