[Video] Prowler walkthrough

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
That thing looks like it can walk on the ground. Actually it should walk on the ground...imagine that! Drop your squad off, then walk around and pew pew baddies on the ground!

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
if that's schmexy

I'll stick with sexy

not my cup o' tea

FPS gameplay ain't what I signed up for

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
THAT is definitely schmexy...I kinda really want one, but just can't justify it. Believe me, that has never stopped me before! But the drop-ship thing...not my style of play. I hope they release either a Tevarin fighter (that has been a rumor) or a Tevarin medium size ship.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Nice video and best lookaround of the Prowler that I've seen so far (of course sincce is the Glorius Leader One...), but ccpmpleatly mess with the component!!!

The fist two ccomponent, in the compartment at the end of the top corridor are the power generator (bottom one) and the Quantum drive (top one).
Right on the right of that the two vertical component side by side are the actual shields generator and the last two compartment (one on the right of the ccorridor and one of the left next ot the ledder...) are the two ccooler.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Nice video and best lookaround of the Prowler that I've seen so far (of course sincce is the Glorius Leader One...), but ccpmpleatly mess with the component!!!

The fist two ccomponent, in the compartment at the end of the top corridor are the power generator (bottom one) and the Quantum drive (top one).
Right on the right of that the two vertical component side by side are the actual shields generator and the last two compartment (one on the right of the ccorridor and one of the left next ot the ledder...) are the two ccooler.
The components have been renamed since Montoya did the video. Just to prove once again that the Glorious Leader cannot be wrong.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I am glad the ship is in-game and glad people are enthusiastic about it. I look forward to the mission that requires its use as I would be thrilled to be strapped into the jump seat with eager anticipation of the coming carnage. But the ship itself while very nice looking is not a nitch I wish to pilot.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya

Yes, I knew that, I was just testing you to give you the opportunity to add something to my video!

Pffft... everybody knows that the thing is what you said.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Very nice review. Beautiful ship! Reminds instantly of the MV-22 Osprey, which a buddy of mine tels be is a real kick to fly.

I will own that I am disappointed that they didn't deliver on the components room. We were told there was going to be something special there, and I was hoping for a scan sui/EM warfare package. Also it seems they decided to leave the missiles off, when word was a special 3 S4 rack on each wing. That would have given it new functionality, and especially since S4 is not popular, would have made interesting gameplay.

Can you report back once you've flown it with some estimates of rotation rate, lateral acceleration (strafe), and how she slips through turns? Put her through the moves, maybe behind a vanguard so we can compare how well she turns. Also the hull--have you had your friends shoot you yet? One supposes she has lots of hull points.

What's with the reactors, one or two?

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Another really cool feature can only be seen if you have others on the ship: Security doors close behind the pilot and co-pilot, they cannot be opened by the owner either (at this time anyways, will probably eventually have to be hacked if a pirate wants to take it in flight.)

Reactions: Blind Owl

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
I can't justify the cost.. having said that -

THIS ship flies and fights like a heavy fighter. The damage output on target (read that: gimballed) is far beyond what a solo Vanguard pilot can muster, and the handling is smooth and accurate. Accelerations are decidedly slower than smaller fighters as you'd expect, but very capable.

I've *almost* managed to talk myself into acquiring one. Dropship pilot is a role that is distinctly appealing to me, and of the many possibilities this one includes the concept of stealth.

Fly softly and carry several big sticks. And friends, lots of friends with guns.

P.S. @Montoya there are single rifle racks all over the inside of that bird, enough for each troop to rack at least one.

Forgot your password?