[Video] Purchaseable UEC Hardcap Removal

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
What I think is funny when reading some loud texting P2W screemers post are...

They assume users will have any influence on the economy in Star Citizen.
(other than selling for a set price or buying for one set price)

As far as I remember but not confirmed but would be smartest way to go,
to avoid 14' year old insight in economy and price setting...

We're not going to be able to dictate the price of our scrap when selling it..
We get set prices dependent on demand or what's in stock in that market place/store...
As in low on stock more pay for you object if it's a product that often goes out of stock = high demand.
And lower pay for less demanded objects.
regardless of rarity of object.

This way the economy is controlled by the game code which is not rocket science coding and thus be same for all.
Some store have what you want for one price some another price and same goes for product price when sold some give a better price some a lower price.

As said that does not make it P2W and this is not rocket science!

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
A Thought that came to me later is..................

...Is that I have a shitload of big ships and I have no urge to work/grind my way up to buy this ships in game never had.
I want to enjoy and play with them I have from the start and some of those ships demand a insane amount of UEC to operate and keep functional.

For some one else that feel and want to play like I do, this way it makes it possible for us to start with a descent amount of starting capital and as such be able to enjoy the ships regardless of size as I have the same right to enjoy my ships as others have with their ships and want to play it their way.

Most people who scream bloody murder is almost exclusively always caused by those who want what they can't afford and such in their way of thinking it is not fair to them that they can't have what others have.

What I remember from school that is called envy when focusing more on want what others have and can do, than focus on what you can do to change your own situation to get what you want.

As if those who can afford got it for free, be cause when they worked their ass off getting a good education so they can have a job with good pay so they can afford to do what they want.
It's not fair they can do that, gee f*ck screamers get some backbone...

Mans worst enemy is always himself and worst illness and cause for conflicts, wars, murder...etc. etc. have always been envy....!

And to make it clear one time in my life I hit rock bottom, I was almost homeless but I refuse to accept that and fought back, and I didn't get where I am today be cause I was complaining toward all that had it better I was happy for them and made it my goal to get to that level of living again..
And this was the time I looked in the mirror and said to my self ..
Quote myself: "Dude only time you lose is when you give up do you want to lose?"
I said F*CK H*LL NOO!

Ranting done... have a awesome day all CHEERS!

:beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers:

Last edited:

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I may be mentioning a lost cause, as all I want is to melt my UEC pack purchases back into RSI credit but.. I left a comment on that post as well
https://massivelyop.com/2018/08/01/star-citizen-fans-raise-pay-to-win-objections-over-removal-of-in-game-currency-stockpiling-cap/#comment-576002
lol I just noticed I'm a couple comments above DS's post... oh vey.... I wish he would just go away
Did you ask them again recently if they trade UEC for store credit? Seems odd they wouldn't do it...

Did you buy UEC specifically or did you spend the UEC that came with other game packages?

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I bought UEC packs specifically with left over RSI credit or sometimes added to my cart along with other purchases.
I asked a few weeks ago before this discussion.
I guess I can try to ask again.
The reason I was given was "legal" reasons but I think it's a BS interpretation. Because RSI credit is not real money. There's some kind of a something about not going from ingame currency to real money.

Here's some excerpts, I was fairly persistent about my request.

I want my regular rep Azme back, she always goes the extra mile... Baior seemed like he couldn't be bothered to ask like I requested. Might be a nice guy, I was able to make him laugh but.. he wouldn't budge.

Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I bought UEC packs specifically with left over RSI credit or sometimes added to my cart along with other purchases.
I asked a few weeks ago before this discussion.
I guess I can try to ask again.
The reason I was given was "legal" reasons but I think it's a BS interpretation. Because RSI credit is not real money. There's some kind of a something about not going from ingame currency to real money.
Here is what you do before asking look through your billing yeah I know i't most likely as mine huge and finding stuff might take some time..
But look through it and find the one recipe you got from buying UEC with store credit it will say that you bought store credit cost 0$
This way you save them the time doing that which I think is the main reason they rather not do it then legal.. since that is time consuming as hell and they have more urgent stuff to matter now..
Not sure it'll work but worth a shot. :D

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
look through your billing
Bro, you know me.. I'm thorough, I did and added the spreadsheet to the ticket :smile:

I think I posted this here before back when we could first melt VD purchases.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I do know there are some potential legal pitfalls to any gaming company buying in game currency for real money.

That's the real reason most companies don't sell in game currency - they avoid the grey area entirely.

I'm no lawyer though and I cannot say whether refunding purchases of in game currency is problematic or not.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I may be mentioning a lost cause, as all I want is to melt my UEC pack purchases back into RSI credit but.. I left a comment on that post as well
https://massivelyop.com/2018/08/01/star-citizen-fans-raise-pay-to-win-objections-over-removal-of-in-game-currency-stockpiling-cap/#comment-576002
lol I just noticed I'm a couple comments above DS's post... oh vey.... I wish he would just go away
@DirectorGunner I put in a special request to investigate whether CIG can do this with VD refunds. It seems perfectly reasonable that you should be able to refund to store credits rather than UEC. I was promised they would investigate. No idea on timeline. I'll let you know if/when they respond.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
It seems like a win for everyone IMO as long as the people doing the spending are fine with losing all they have spent.
Then I have already won, as I'm having quite a lot on enjoyment out of the game so far. And to honest, bug hunting and replicating is fun for me as well.

Thank you, Glorious Le-

Thank you, Glorious Seung!
Woah. Nice catch.

Forgot your password?