[Video] Short Demo of Webcam FOIP and Head Tracking (free look)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
lol love that intro (outro was pretty amazing too!)

What camera did you use in this?

I agree that lighting on your face is SUPER important.
Many thanks for the kind feedback :)

I used a Microsoft HD-3000, it was the right price at the right time, about £25 so the bank was not broken.

Although FOIP required a decent amount of brightness to get the most response from it, the facetracking/headtracking thing worked well from the light of a desk lamp being shone on a wall, so I'm very impressed with that given the webcam was not terribly expensive or bestowed with low light magics.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
This is the quality shit we need here.

Get yourself a damn youtube channel!
Thank you, Glorious Leader!

The owners of Youtube threatened to ban me from every one of their services in 2012 when I put a joke middle-name on their social network. Should I let it all be water under the bridge, or continue to use other service providers who don't have the ability to ban me from what ammounts to be about 85% of the internet? :-/

Last edited:

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
Thank you, Glorious Leader!

The owners of Youtube threatened to ban me from every one of their services in 2012 when I put a joke middle-name on their social network. Should I let it all be water under the bridge, or continue to use other service providers who don't have the ability to ban me from what ammounts to be about 85% of the internet? :-/
Somebody needs to make a copy of the good old version of youtube and call it Newtube, a new youtube without all the bullshit and Orwellian thought police.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Somebody needs to make a copy of the good old version of youtube and call it Newtube, a new youtube without all the bullshit and Orwellian thought police.
Mrs 'Bobface just turned to me and said "When the Glorious Leader tells you to make a Youtube Channel, you make a fu*king Youtube channel."

So i'll make a Youtube channel.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Hello, I popped this in another thread at the request of another TESTie, however realised it could live here too, so please enjoy:

ROTFLMAO!! Okay, now I'm explaining to people why I broke out laughing in my office, in the middle of the afternoon in a quiet office.

The intro and the outro are hilarious!

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Mrs 'Bobface just turned to me and said "When the Glorious Leader tells you to make a Youtube Channel, you make a fu*king Youtube channel."

So i'll make a Youtube channel.
Please use the same intro and outro!

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
She does. And, for what it's worth right now and for the foreseeable future, she will be even when she's wrong. There's a philosophy that it helps to adopt in NaffNaff's predicament. It's known as "agree early, fix it later"
If only the agree early fix it later really worked. It's more, agree early and realize you lost and just suck it up buttercup.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
ROTFLMAO!! Okay, now I'm explaining to people why I broke out laughing in my office, in the middle of the afternoon in a quiet office.

The intro and the outro are hilarious!
Great to know they put a smile on your face :-)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
This seems cool, however, when I'm in unusually prefer to keep the lights low as it helps my eyes adjust better.
I know loads of people prefer to play in low light, the RSI FOIP camera is now being refurred to as a "Motion Sensor" so it may be an infra red cam or something similar that won't need any visible light to work...? Time will tell.

Forgot your password?