[Video] Smaller ships will have their purpose!

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Wait... You mean they are not just bug splatter on the Javelin's wind shield?

In all honesty smaller ships should always have a role even in large fleets. The question will be how strong is the hammerhead as its a wildcard in the effectiveness of smaller ships.

Last edited:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I do have to wonder when the concept of ship progression will be finally killed. This is not to say there is not progression of ones ships from low quality modules to hi quality modules and swapping them as needed for the situation. But when will people hear Robert when he says that progression is not in the leveling of an avatar that can go from 5HP to 5000HP but in the leveling of you as the gamer and your skills you bring to the game.

That its not Mustang -> Hornet -> Redeemer -> Hammerhead -> Idris -> Javelin.

That each ship is unique and the best ship is far more situational specific then I have a Javelin and so am at the end game.

Reactions: Ammorn

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
That its not Mustang -> Hornet -> Redeemer -> Hammerhead -> Idris -> Javelin.
Mustang > Mustang overclocked > Mustang with high end parts > Mustang with alien tech > Mustang with super rare alien drops giving it massive shield power, highly overclocked weapons and engines with no heat penalty which can take out and medium sized fighter in a dogfight.

Aurora > Aurora overclocked shields > Aurora with rare alien part found in derelict that gives you the shield power of an Idris, making you the most heavily shielded small craft in the verse!

This is how things will be.

Also consider that the LTI on your ship is peanuts compared to the risk of losing that rare alien artifact that boosts your shields +1000% over stock.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
So what other ship has both a holding cell and an EMP?

I don't love the ship but it is a great choice for a single bounty hunter. My question has always been what can you do to hide the type of craft from the sensors of others. If you can do that, this is a dream machine for snag and bag. Otherwise you'll spend a lot of time running from bad guys.

Reactions: Talonsbane

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Mustang > Mustang overclocked > Mustang with high end parts > Mustang with alien tech > Mustang with super rare alien drops giving it massive shield power, highly overclocked weapons and engines with no heat penalty which can take out and medium sized fighter in a dogfight.

Aurora > Aurora overclocked shields > Aurora with rare alien part found in derelict that gives you the shield power of an Idris, making you the most heavily shielded small craft in the verse!

This is how things will be.

Also consider that the LTI on your ship is peanuts compared to the risk of losing that rare alien artifact that boosts your shields +1000% over stock.
And that is how test with its armada of Aurora's will take over the verse. Maybe its a good thing people don't grasp that this game doesn't have a linear progression as it gives us a huge advantage. Unless people use google and get our super secret battle plans on these forums.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I suggest we stop posting our secret plans in public forums, but nobody listens to me!
Where better to hide a secret than in plain sight? If no one believes it's possible it'll take them by complete surprise!

Forgot your password?