[Video] - State of the Squardon 36

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Shhh August we do not talk about that link for those who do tend to disappear from the webs.
What do you think happened to SOTS 16? There is a reason no one can find it, after all...

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
The moment EA flashed across the screen I closed the tab and checked my manga page for reading material to help me forget the whole thing.
The one company that could make make something amazing... but they are in it for commercial type games (finished in 8 hours)... hours of fun, not days, not years. EA, Actiivision, and my favorite Ubisoft, have chosen to just make games that end... not everlasting - Assassins Creed, 1,2,3, etc (I get it, they are chapters to a story but you buy 16 hours of play). EVE has been around since 2004 and is still going strong (boring as hell in my opinion - but it is a 2004 game). Imagine if Ubisoft/EA/Activision put in that commitment to the game. Just imagine if they put their expertise behind something like Star Citizen. Chris stepped in to fill this need from a business perspective (industry analysts tend to shy away from him - prolly for good reason when it comes to numbers) - results are unknown but I hope he can pull this off. Chris really needs to get this under control within the next year.

People said electric cars were BS, solar was BS, computer was BS, electricity was BS... etc. Millions of people try and fail. People who change the world always had their detractors, it is BS until it isn't, so there is still hope for CIG.

CD

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
SOTS 16 is still in development.
Ah, yes, I recall now.

In 2575BC Pharaoh Khufu of the Fourth Egyptian Dynasty commissioned the creation of two great wonders of the world, one - the Great Pyramid of Giza - was completed within a mere 10 to 20 years of the decree and has weathered the test of time, still standing.

The other is still incomplete, becoming the work of eons and the longest single project Mankind has ever continuously worked on... passed down from descendant to descendant, the unending toil of a hundred and forty three generations hardly putting a dent in the huge task that is Pharaoh Khufu's Eighth Wonder Of The World, namely: SOTS16!

Father to Son, Mother to Daughter, SOTS16 has been passed down in a direct line of lineage, until it was thus placed upon the broad shoulders of @Montoya , the Glorious Leader!

He looked upon the work that has been done over the preceding 4,593 years and saw that it was good, but knew that it was not even half complete... and Thus, a plan was devised: TEST Squadron! Many hands make light work and with 18k members and growing it is only a matter of time before he has the required strength of numbers to finally complete SOTS16!

So you see, SOTS16 isn't because TEST exists... TEST exists because of SOTS16!

Last edited:

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Ah, yes, I recall now.

In 2575BC Pharaoh Khufu of the Fourth Egyptian Dynasty commissioned the creation of two great wonders of the world, one - the Great Pyramid of Giza - was completed within a mere 10 to 20 years of the decree and has weathered the test of time, still standing.

The other is still incomplete, becoming the work of eons and the longest single project Mankind has ever continuously worked on... passed down from descendant to descendant, the unending toil of a hundred and forty three generations hardly putting a dent in the huge task that is Pharaoh Khufu's Eighth Wonder Of The World, namely: SOTS16!

Father to Son, Mother to Daughter, SOTS16 has been passed down in a direct line of lineage, until it was thus placed upon the broad shoulders of @Montoya , the Glorious Leader!

He looked upon the work that has been done over the preceding 4,593 years and saw that it was good, but knew that it was not even half complete... and Thus, a plan was devised: TEST Squadron! Many hands make light work and with 18k members and growing it is only a matter of time before he has the required strength of numbers to finally complete SOTS16!

So you see, SOTS16 isn't because TEST exists... TEST exists because of SOTS16!
You Sir should be a script writer. Well done.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
You Sir should be a script writer. Well done.
You are very kind sir, much appreciated. I do like a little flight of fantasy whenever SOTS 16 is mentioned, I have made a few.

It occurs to me this is my second Egyptian theme SOTS 16 explanation, so perhaps I am becoming a little hackneyed 😉

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?