[Video] The end of the gibbening

sharpeone

Admiral
Dec 30, 2019
RSI Handle
Sharpeone
It's out, but not for you, only Dev's can fly it and you get to see it only if you're lucky.

/sigh

Fingers crossed they release it to us in PTU tonight, 2020/02/21.
Looks to be available on PTU now to owners of the standard edition not the C8X upgrade though :(

Last edited:

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I played it a bit, very cool ship, but every time I land on a surface it rolled over. I'll wait until its live.

I did manage to get a Rover in it by hovering with ramp open. Then someone landed a Merlin in my hangar and when I tried to shove it out with my Pisces I think I caused a 30k.

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
Your point at 5.45 is important. Exploration in the alpha is very limited at the moment. Bring back "blind jumps!"
As the game stands at the moment if it was in the Solar system, rather than Stanton, 99.9 % of objects would be inaccessible.
EG the asteroid belt and the objects beyond Neptune.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Its a pretty ship but a bit underwhelming tbh. Maybe when more gameplay loops become available ingame.
Pool table room seems a big waste of space, same for the starmap room. I can see its roleplay purposes though so maybe just not for me :)

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
Just had a time to finally check out that Newsweek article @Montoya mentioned.....

One thoing that stands out:
"[...] Named after an American exploration seafaring ship used between the 14th and 17th centuries, the word Carrack has a much different definition to the Star Citizen faithful. [...]"

Did not laughed that loud for long time.... One would think that big name publishers would do proper journalism...
Definitelly European ship, used to 'discover' America, is now an American invention according to this propaganda ;)

Other than that, there are two images with Pisces, but captions suggest that we are looking at Carrack. Pretty bad for average Newsweek reader who probably had no idea about Anvil Carrack before reading this article.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
One thoing that stands out:
"[...] Named after an American exploration seafaring ship used between the 14th and 17th centuries, the word Carrack has a much different definition to the Star Citizen faithful. [...]"
LOL... that's in the article? Well they got the years right, but wrong continent!

Forgot your password?