[Video] Where is Squadron 42? Chris Roberts AMA response

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
Yup. This.
SQ42 is a pipe dream to be delivered anytime soon, even in 2021 with the rate of change that we are experiencing in the PU. I say, strip SQ42 - cut down the chapters and get rid of the roadmap to the roadmap - its all bs anyway, and send resources to the PU. Give us SQ42, lite version, and call it what it is... a bad decision to "say" SQ42 is the pregame to the PU. In a perfect world ok... linearly speaking it makes sense, but CR has shown he may be creative, but he knows or knew nothing about the engineering required to make a huge online universe. If he just said SQ42, no PU, ok and we'd have another low budget game.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Have you ever seen Montoya and your wife in the same room before?
No, but I have never seen her in the same room as Garry Oldman or Gillian Anserson either D-: My wife might be Garry Oldman?!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
SQ42 is a pipe dream to be delivered anytime soon, even in 2021 with the rate of change that we are experiencing in the PU. I say, strip SQ42 - cut down the chapters and get rid of the roadmap to the roadmap - its all bs anyway, and send resources to the PU. Give us SQ42, lite version, and call it what it is... a bad decision to "say" SQ42 is the pregame to the PU. In a perfect world ok... linearly speaking it makes sense, but CR has shown he may be creative, but he knows or knew nothing about the engineering required to make a huge online universe. If he just said SQ42, no PU, ok and we'd have another low budget game.
He may not have understood the engineering, very true. But I think that's something that has changed. I think the work they been putting into both games - which are intrinsically tied together, is going to be groundbreaking for the entire industry going forward. I firmly believe that our patience will pay off.

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
Pretty scary looking at these road maps tbh. Like how are we working on throw mechanics 7-8 years in? Even worse when CIG is describing systems, lore, or mechanics in videos like they haven't even started them yet. If you had writers working on lore for 8 years, you'd think they would never say "we hope" "we think" when talking about it.

Forgot your password?