[WARNING: SPOILERS] Game of Thrones.....are you in the game?

Game of Thrones fan? Ofcourse you are....yes....YES

• Total voters

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
How do you explain Daenerys? She has fucked up so much she can't even keep her titles straight or a single fucking city under control. "I'm going to control all of Westeros!" Fails at controlling a single city with a army capable of seizing Westeros and 3 dragons.

She needs General Mattis to go kick her ass and teach her a lesson in occupation.
She's from a family of Imperialist Inbreeding. I think she will die via choking whilsr giving a grandiose speach on Healthcare reform.

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
I absolutely love GoT! I've read the books as well, and while the book (obviously) goes into much more detail, includes more characters, and differs slightly from the series I think the writers for the show have done a decent job of maintaining the quality of work and the air of the world.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
I absolutely love GoT! I've read the books as well, and while the book (obviously) goes into much more detail, includes more characters, and differs slightly from the series I think the writers for the show have done a decent job of maintaining the quality of work and the air of the world.
1 word of the show: Dorne.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
^This, pretty much. I'm having trouble remembering what was in the books and what was in the show. I guess I'll have to read them again before the 6th is out.
Also, the fact that book 6 is called "THE winds of winter" when all the other 6 books in the series have titles like "A game...", "A clash...", "A storm..." drives me NUTS!

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza

Sums up what i think of dorne
I think the Sand Snakes are far lamer in the show than they are in the books. In the books, they were total baddasses. Also, i think Doran Martell was really poorly cast; the guy in the books was fat, always tired, his feet were swollen and couldn't walk. Not at all like the one in the show.
And I kind of agree with the Sand Snakes. Dorne needed new leadership and payback for Elia+children and Oberyn.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
I think the Sand Snakes are far lamer in the show than they are in the books. In the books, they were total baddasses. Also, i think Doran Martell was really poorly cast; the guy in the books was fat, always tired, his feet were swollen and couldn't walk. Not at all like the one in the show.
And I kind of agree with the Sand Snakes. Dorne needed new leadership and payback for Elia+children and Oberyn.
It makes no sense Oberyn loved his brother and nephew. So let get revenge by murdering them! Remember Dorne plays the long game, and their king knew this he had his son as husband to the lannister daughter and 3rd (now 2nd after joffery) to the crown. He merely has tommen killed his son is crowned as king, dorne rules 7 kingdoms pushing the dieing lannisters out of the way. He won the game with 1 death and countless hours of manipulating. Where did the poison come from that killed Joffery... from Dorne, this is just 1 example of him manipulating the outcome. As he says in the book...

"I am not blind, nor deaf. I know that you all believe me weak, frightened, feeble. Your father knew me better. Oberyn was ever the viper. Deadly, dangerous, unpredictable. No man dared tread on him. I was the grass. Pleasant, complaisant, sweet-smelling, swaying with every breeze. Who fears to walk upon the grass? But it is the grass that hides the viper from his enemies and shelters him until he strikes. Your father and I worked more closely than you know … but now he is gone. The question is, can I trust his daughters to serve me in his place?"

This shows he uses Oberyn to do his dirty work and once he is uncovered he runs to dorne to hide under his brother. His place is not to appear strong but weak and negotiable. The sand snakes were dumb in the show and threw it to the wind and openlu declared war on Lannisters and Tyrells the 2 most powerful houses plus all the other kingdoms that want them to shrivel like the wetlands.

The king of Dorne appears weak to hide their fangs, as noone trusts them. The 7 kingdoms had thought Dorne soft after years of peace and the king wanted to keep that so Tywin wouldnt come bring them to his heel. Sand Snakes have declared war they can not afford or win, the next scene with them will be Jaime mounting their pretty little heads on pikes in their water garden.

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Just saw episode 3, abit meh, more of a lead up and setting the table for the feast to come! :D Atleast one of my loved characters actually came back to life, Martin must have been hitting the sauce when he came up with that one. Normally when they are dead they stay that way, still a pleasant change. Did the "Snow incident" happen in the books? I thought he stayed dead there. Really should read those books or wait for the movie. :rolleyes:Ramsay Bolton would have to take the award for worlds biggest prick and I used to think Joffery deserved to be stabbed in the face, not like this guy. Sure he has some plans for the Stark kid, any guesses?

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Just saw episode 3, abit meh, more of a lead up and setting the table for the feast to come! :D Atleast one of my loved characters actually came back to life, Martin must have been hitting the sauce when he came up with that one. Normally when they are dead they stay that way, still a pleasant change. Did the "Snow incident" happen in the books? I thought he stayed dead there. Really should read those books or wait for the movie. :rolleyes:Ramsay Bolton would have to take the award for worlds biggest prick and I used to think Joffery deserved to be stabbed in the face, not like this guy. Sure he has some plans for the Stark kid, any guesses?
He comes back in the books, he is a major player and the idea of him coming back fits into the prophecy.

My guess is this Umber is going to back stab Ramsey. There are some clues, how did Umber know Jon Snow had a wildling army coming South before Jon Snow even left Castle Black? The "dire wolf" head was small, Shaggydog was supposed to be one of the biggest dire wolves, and even the runt Ghost has a bigger head. Ramsey wouldn't know this because he's never seen a Dire Wolf, and thinks his hounds are as big as a Dire Wolf. Why bring Rickon? Because remember what Ned Stark said "As long as there is a Stark in Winterfell, the North will rally to the Starks." Umber is trying to rally Winterfell to the Starks by bringing a confirmed Stark back into the Castle. Sansa hid her identity so no one knew there was a Stark at Winterfell. Another thing is he refuses to bend the knee or swear a oath, the Umbers are traditional and he didn't want to make a oath and break it, so he avoids it.

So here how I imagine it will go down. Jon Snow woke up sent a Raven to the only known ally he has the Umbers asking them for help. Jon Snow kills Olly BECAUSE FUCK OLLY THAT SNOT NOSED RUNT! Then takes his bromance Tormund and his crew down South. Umber brings Rickon and a false dire wolf, publicly announcing that there is a true Stark here and he's in Winterfell. Jon Snow meets the Bolton+Carstark army, meanwhile the Umbers take Winterfell pinning the Carstarks+Boltons between the castle and Jon Snow army. This is when we have Bastardbowl and Dire Wolf Brothers vs Bolton bitches, and Ramsey can see his hounds torn apart by 2 true dire wolves, sending him into a panic. Jon Snow walks in the castle, Rickon sits at the throne of Winterfell, and they plan.

belst

Captain
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
belst
He comes back in the books, he is a major player and the idea of him coming back fits into the prophecy.
iirc that was still open in the books. It was one of the last chapters in book 5 which ended with john getting stabbed. After that John didnt get mentioned anymore

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
iirc that was still open in the books. It was one of the last chapters in book 5 which ended with john getting stabbed. After that John didnt get mentioned anymore
Dont need to use spouler tag its a spoiler thread. GRRM announced he was coming back in next book. Everyone knew it was coming. Though it wont be in the same way the show does it.

Snakey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jul 15, 2015
RSI Handle
SNKYGMG
SSSSH DONT SWAP GRRM'S PILLS OR HE MIGHT KILL HIM AGAIN.

Plus, umbers don't bend. It'll be a plot to kill the boltons

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
If you guys aren't on the subreddit you should be. I am so pumped for the Umber turncoat on the battlefield. I mean lets be honest, even Bolton men when they see the Stark banner are going to question just what the hell they have been doing all along.

The North Remembers man, those poor Bolton soldiers were told tales of Ned and the Starks for all their lives. They have idolized the Starks for years and here they are back in business after being royally screwed over by those who were supposed to be their friends and allies.

BASTARD BOWL 2016!!! Two Snow's enter, one Snow leaves!!!

Forgot your password?