We have an ARMA 3 server!

Dranoc

Autistic EVE Player
Donor
Feb 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Dranoc
Ok i have been spamming this to a shit ton of people. lets hope we get a good turnout.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
Ok i have been spamming this to a shit ton of people. lets hope we get a good turnout.
What day/time is the event if there is one?

Devil Doge

Grand Admiral
Mar 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Double_Jinx
so i was trolling around on the server alone for like an hour, i really like a lot of the stuff that was put. now i just need to figure out what time you guys are on lol

Scavar

Rear Admiral
Apr 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scavar
So I downloaded all the mods, and maybe I'll actually play. I'm too damn lazy to do the TFAR shit though. I don't even like TeamSpeak, haven't had that installed in forever.

Devil Doge

Grand Admiral
Mar 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Double_Jinx
so i can connect to the server, but i cant spawn in. is there something up with it right now? i saw krystal was connected

Dranoc

Autistic EVE Player
Donor
Feb 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Dranoc
so i can connect to the server, but i cant spawn in. is there something up with it right now? i saw krystal was connected
Krystal was fixing some bugs but it should be good now.
So I downloaded all the mods, and maybe I'll actually play. I'm too damn lazy to do the TFAR shit though. I don't even like TeamSpeak, haven't had that installed in forever.
Server wont let you play until you are connected to the teamspeak server. TFAR is required.

Scavar

Rear Admiral
Apr 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scavar
Meh, then it'll be days or more before I play. I don't particularly feel like doing TFAR. If I had known it was REQUIRED before hand I wouldn't have downloaded all the files. You should put that in OP, that TFAR is required and not optional. As it is, at least to me, it seems optional.

Edit: It does say it already, I just missed initially I think. Unless the post was updated after I originally looked at it.

Last edited:

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Trying to get the addons but get "Remote file /.a3s/sync not found on repository" when checking files
Any ideas?

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
Trying to get the addons but get "Remote file /.a3s/sync not found on repository" when checking files
Any ideas?
No idea. Make sure you put the address in the right field (it goes into the "Public auto-config url" field, not in "Host or url") and press Import. I made a gif that shows the process.

Reactions: Doggen

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
Everyone please update your repositories since there is a new version of ACE (3.4.2) out. You won't be allowed to login with 3.4.1 anymore.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
Never really played FPSs... Would playing this help once SC StarMarine comes out?
I don't know if calling Arma an FPS is fair. It is extremely immersive, especially with all the mods and hardcore mode we are playing in. You literally have to perform medical procedures as a medic, and rushing towards your objective will only bring certain death on your now well ventilated body.

We have advanced ballistics enabled, with bullet drop being affected by wind, humidity and the Coriolis effect simulated.

Radios are simulated and you have to be in the same frequency and radio type as others to communicate over long distances. Radio signals are affected by terrain occlusion and weather conditions.

Speaking to other players will alert AI to your presence, you have to manage when you whisper, talk or yell.

You can go deaf if you don't wear earplugs and shoot a loud gun or experience an explosion.

Reactions: Reptar Khan

Reptar Khan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl
Haaa hehehe
Ok so it's a combat simulator more then a FPS, read some stuff on it now and it seems quite ...involved.
While not apples to apples, SC does appear to be less of an infinite respawning run and die kind of game (dragging your teammates, MedKits, death of a spaceman).
Also I'm assuming learning team tactics will be the difference between the armatures and the really successful.

They haven't implemented all the combat movement/stances/features in SC yet while Arma seems to have a Ton.

Will keep eye on steam for sale for Arma 3.

Devil Doge

Grand Admiral
Mar 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Double_Jinx
Haaa hehehe
Ok so it's a combat simulator more then a FPS, read some stuff on it now and it seems quite ...involved.
While not apples to apples, SC does appear to be less of an infinite respawning run and die kind of game (dragging your teammates, MedKits, death of a spaceman).
Also I'm assuming learning team tactics will be the difference between the armatures and the really successful.

They haven't implemented all the combat movement/stances/features in SC yet while Arma seems to have a Ton.

Will keep eye on steam for sale for Arma 3.
CiG has said that thier fps will be somewhere in the middle of arma and battlefield. prolly the best thing we can take from arma is the cas coordination

Forgot your password?