weapons and armor tables

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I just watch youtube videos. Either noobifier or bored gamer had a real good breakdown of all the weapons, by size.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Has anyone here flown a Hornet or a saber with all fixed? It is possible to put fixed oversized on a gimbal?
I only fly fixed. You can put 3 CF-227 and one REVENANT on a Hornet, but I prefer 2 fixed CF-227 on wing, 2 CF-117 on ball turret and 2 M3A on canard turret, fix them with gimbal lock. More effective then 3 CF-227 and one Revenant in dogfight. The Sabre does fine with 4 CF-227.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
I only fly fixed. You can put 3 CF-227 and one REVENANT on a Hornet, but I prefer 2 fixed CF-227 on wing, 2 CF-117 on ball turret and 2 M3A on canard turret, fix them with gimbal lock. More effective then 3 CF-227 and one Revenant in dogfight. The Sabre does fine with 4 CF-227.
Yeah but you run a HOTAS do you not? Personally still on my mouse with gimbles and can shoot a flea off the back of a rat at 50 paces! Not sure you could do the same in movement. :rolleyes: In saying that I'll probably head to a HOTAS, maybe a warthog but dont think that one is really suitable for SC and I dont want pedals!

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals, After using the gimbal lock on my chair it works perfect. Left pedal for zoom, I still need to find some use for my right pedal. Space brake would be fine, but doesn't work on analog..... WTF am I saying???? :rolleyes: I always fly full throttle, brakes are for pussies. Boost or afterburner would be fine, but they also don't work on analog :(

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals, After using the gimbal lock on my chair it works perfect. Left pedal for zoom, I still need to find some use for my right pedal. Space brake would be fine, but doesn't work on analog..... WTF am I saying???? :rolleyes: I always fly full throttle, brakes are for pussies. Boost or afterburner would be fine, but they also don't work on analog :(
Would I be correct in thinking there is no twist axis on the warthog stick? How you acheive that movement without using the pedals for it? Which is actually what pedals are for, rudder? Your breaking all the rules her son.....CHAOS........:eek: Also arnt the switches on the Warthog an issue as they arnt toggle but on or off making it problematic being SC controls are toggle?o_O

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Warthog, best hog!!!! but no twist so no rudder????? I am from the ancient times, where twist still had to be invented. Back then, x was yaw, y was pitch. Later on came twist and throttle, so obviously twist was roll and throttle only was used at the start, push it forward and lock it until dead.
No twist actually improves the precision of the flight stick.
Which buttons???? HOTAS means: Hands On Throttle And Stick, unless you have 3 hands. Both hands will be tied to throttle and stick. No time to operate any other buttons.

Forgot your password?