Website almost unusable with Edge browser

Takran

Admiral
Feb 8, 2016
RSI Handle
TakranG
The favorites "manager" (more like shitty list with no management) in Edge is literal cancer. Whoever designed it should be thrown into the deepest pit on earth for their sins. If you actually want to manage your favorites, you either have to go to the folder they're stored in, or download a third-party app. This is a simple function - how in the fuck did Microsoft manage to screw it up so badly?

That's just one reason off the top of my head for why Edge is garbage. I don't love everything about Chrome, system performance in particular, but it's so far ahead of Edge in usability it's a joke. Also, I have 32GB of RAM, so I'll be okay on that front.

Now, related to this thread, I opened the TEST homepage in Edge and it took about 15 seconds to unfreeze; after it had loaded once, though, I could go elsewhere and come back and it loaded okay. The forums seem to function okay for me, other than never loading the background image for some reason, and taking about twice as long to render each page as Chrome. 10/10 would go back to Chrome again.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Many have developed their opinions on edge from a Single user's point of view. Edge is perfectly usable for most technologically literate people. I guess I am just more susceptible to noticing its deeper flaws, due to the fact that my opinions on the browser are derived from a couple thousand user experiences that were all mashed together into the clusterfuck that had become my daily life since Microsoft has developed a raging erection for its abortion of a browser. (If i ever meet the man at Microsoft that suggested automatically defaulting Edge after every update, I am going to spin-kick him into a helicopter blade.) As someone who helps countless people every day, patterns seem to emerge on what just WORKS, ya know?
/Salt

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Many have developed their opinions on edge from a Single user's point of view. Edge is perfectly usable for most technologically literate people. I guess I am just more susceptible to noticing its deeper flaws, due to the fact that my opinions on the browser are derived from a couple thousand user experiences that were all mashed together into the clusterfuck that had become my daily life since Microsoft has developed a raging erection for its abortion of a browser. (If i ever meet the man at Microsoft that suggested automatically defaulting Edge after every update, I am going to spin-kick him into a helicopter blade.) As someone who helps countless people every day, patterns seem to emerge on what just WORKS, ya know?
/Salt
ohhh the irony.....

spin kicking someone into a spinning blade....

Reactions: Han Burgundy

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
tested performance on Edge (Win 10 1607), similar to Chrome and Firefox

i see and feel no difference

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Does using FireFox make me wrong?

Also, original poster using edge, clear your cache and make sure any pending updates are downloaded and installed. Close all browser windows and open again.

This is the browser tech advise i have been giving out for about two years now and it has not yet failed to provide the Win.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Does using FireFox make me wrong?

Also, original poster using edge, clear your cache and make sure any pending updates are downloaded and installed. Close all browser windows and open again.

This is the browser tech advise i have been giving out for about two years now and it has not yet failed to provide the Win.
If only the people we put in charge of educating our children could figure out how to follow those steps without accidentally formatting the hard drive somehow, I would be SO happy.....Edge does indeed work. It's just far from idiot-proof.

Reactions: Lorddarthvik
Forgot your password?